Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
bell is doing this currently on tuesdays and once in a while on their vod channels, but it is a bard example of the way to start 3d, because i have the original 3d bluray movies that they have shown, and being in sidebyside, it just isnt half as good. haha.l exactly half as good i suppose.

i dont know how the costs work with cable companies and whatnot, but movies like toy story 1,2,3, and many other films and shows have been shown on satellite stations on their 3d channel across the world.

Canada once again is just behind a tad. although like i said. all these are in side by side or over under, and it just isnt half as good.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Canada once again is just behind a tad.
Behind who? What countries are broadcasting in 3D and which ones with something other than side-by-side or equivalent 3D?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think they are all sidebyside right now. im saying canada is behind in regards to how much content we get. espn has a 3d channel in uk and or the usa.

i know soon enough we will get more content, but i have heard of alot of content being provided in the uk, and russia satelite services. but yes. they are all sidebyside. i think

·
Registered
2 Posts
how to tell 3D

I recently got a Sony 3D TV. My Channel 900 seeing side-by-side images. Sony TV didn't auto detect it as 3D content unlike if the feed is from a 3D Blu-ray player where it would auto switch to 3D on TV.

I could enable 3D on the TV while on channel 900 but I am not sure if the TV is running 2D to 3D conversion or really decoding a 3D content from digital box. The image still side-by-side and not a single image on screen. It has a little 3D effect but sure the 3D effect is incomparable with a 3D movie.

I like watching Golf Channel 513 and if I enable 3D on TV, I could also able to seeing some 3D effect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thinkbig106 - you need to select the sidebyside format within your tv 3d settings.

sidebyside and overunder should be standard settings you should have access to somewhere within your tv menu.. although if you are not hooked up via hdmi than you may only get the option to upconvert like you said you have done. in component mode my samsung tv does not allow any 3d formats other than the 2d to 3d conversion or it tries just its standard 3d mode, which is not what we want for this sort of broadcast. you need to hook your tv up via dvi or hdmi and than you may get more options. i get about 6 options of different formats on my tv when hooked up properly. but we only need sidebyside for this

·
Registered
751 Posts
Rogers STB OSD

Just a question to satisfy my curiosity, since I don't have 3D capability:
When properly viewing side-by-side 3D from a Rogers set top box or PVR, what happens with the various "on screen display" (OSD) messages when they appear? E.g. from pressing the Info button, the FF & Rew. time bar, etc., and for that matter, the Guide and PVR menus.

I'm guessing that they would be quite illegible since they are probably cut in half, stretched and then combined in alternate frames, the same way the video content is. If so, is it a minor annoyance or a real issue? A scrambled Home Phone call display pop-up message could present a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rogers 8642HD and channel 900 on Sony 3D TV doesn't work.

Does anybody was able to use Sony XBR46LX900 and Rogers 8642HD Box. to view Rogers 900 channel in 3D ?

I have two, side by side, pictures from channel 900 and 8642HD. I have to go to options 3D menu enable 3D-ON and select Side-by-Side option. Resulting picture is blurry and ghostly, unwatchable. Sony support in Toronto doesn't know what to do about it. The BlueRay 3D works fine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did anyone else watch the hockey game last night?
As this is the first Rogers 3d that I have watch. I wanted to know if the cutout and garbage that we saw in the first part of the game was Rogers or the broadcast feed?

Other then that I thought it was good being outside I think it must have been better on the first game they did in December that I did not see.

Anyone else

(If I should have started a new thread or this goes someplace else just delete it)

·
Registered
11 Posts
it was the feed. i have rogers and bell. and it was happeneing on both.. i have yet to watch the reruns to see if it is still there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passive vs active 3D

I'm thinking of getting a 42" LG with passive 3D. A blurb on the Rogers site says you must have active 3D glasses to watch channel 900. Does that mean passive technology is out for channel 900?

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
At the time, my guess would be that active meant real 3D glasses and not the colored ones. How your TV gives you 3D has nothing to do with the provider. If your TV does side by side then that's what you really need.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts