Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a new 3DTV (I'll be writing on it next week) and am very interested in the 3D gaming experience.

I'm curious to hear what people are playing and whether they're enjoying it. I hope to be able to add to the conversation next week but in the meantime I am interested in what games look good in 3D.

Thanks in advance
Hugh

p.s. Please I would just like to hear from people who are actually gaming in 3D and am not really interested in whether you think 3DTV is a fad or not.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You get the right 3dtv and it is going to be a kick a$$ 2d tv as well. Tried some stuff at the stores and it is kinda cool, but the glasses suck, the flicker and ghosting can get annoying and I would think having the glasses die on you mid game would suck as well.

I don't know if it is a fad or not yet, but you should seriously wait for the non-glasses 3dtv as these ones are going to be obsolete within a few years.

You do have Black Ops and Gran Turismo for 3d right now with Killzone 3 early next year so things are alright for 3d gaming right now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm using the Panasonic VT25 which as mentioned above is an amazing 2DTV.

The only 3D game full game I own is COD Black Ops. The 3D was really cool but it was not perfected. It's buggy/choppy at times and its hard to play for long hours (which is normal for 3D in general).

When I play online, I just play in 2D.

I think when newer games come out the 3D will be done a lot better, I may be wrong but I do not think Black Ops was supposed to be in 3D at the start. When Killzone comes out it should be a lot better as they always intended it to be in 3D.

I've tried the Motorstorm Demo in 3D and that was very impressive, more than Black Ops in my opinion. It felt like I was driving a remote control car that was in front of me.

The glasses take some getting used too, at the beginning it was definitely annoying. Panasonic released some lighter weight glasses that are a lot more comfortable.

Overall, I do not regret buying a 3DTV in the first year of their release.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Probably very few people out there playing much 3D at the moment. The current ones worth trying are probably Wipeout HD3D (downloadable from PSN) and Gran Turismo 5 . Killzone 3 will probably be a great 3D seller.

I'm kinda hoping my current set lasts another year. I want a projector but am very much torn between a 2D projector or a 3D LED currently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts