Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the proud new owner of a 3D TV I sent an email to "Ask Jim" asking for information on how to access 3 D TV on Shaw Direct and this is the answer I received:-

"Hello Customer
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am pleased to assist you.

This is new technology and still very much in its infancy. Shaw Direct is committed to delivering more 3D content as it becomes available by broadcasters in the future. The message that shows you need to subscribe is just a message that displays when there is nothing broadcasting. When a 3D program is broadcast you will be subscribed to it."

Should you have any further questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us. Please include any prior correspondence with your replies
Regards

Does this mean that all 3D is to be paid for on PPV?
Is 3D only one a certain channel?
Any info. will be appreciated

·
Registered
61 Posts
You still have to pay for 3D movies.......that's all that is in 3D for the time being. Sometimes you get a sporting event in 3D.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Does this mean that all 3D is to be paid for on PPV?
Is 3D only one a certain channel?
Any info. will be appreciated
Hi Lester,

Congrats on the purchase. The 3DTV Channel (233 or 333) is used to air sporting events, special events, etc. in 3D as they are available. The Masters, and FIFA World Cup both aired select content in 3D. I believe we've also had 3D Hockey before.

Channel 966 airs 3D PPV movies on weekends. Look for "3D" in the title, or the "3D" icon onscreen. The Guide usually updates by Friday morning with the weekend PPV lineup.

If we see enough demand, it's possible more 3D content could be added when the new satellite launches!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts