Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I finally got the chance to talk to some of my neighbours... all of them, with no exception, see the "call this number if you want the 3D channel" (or something along that line) from their cable boxes in my area and the area one block north of mine.

None of them don't care since they don't have 3DTV, but I have a TV currently being reviewed and I need a 3D feed gosh-dang-wit! :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hadn't had the opportunity to call yet. I was excited as i thought maybe this signaled the start of actual programming but since 57 stated its the same loops as b4, i really couldnt care less at the moment. I'll look into this again closer to the hockey 3D broadcast.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Still can't see channel 900... and still Rogers can't activate my channel 900.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The LOBBY CAM vs. channels is now affecting the Super Sports Pack (NFL and NHL) in my building and others.

Channels 378, 379, 380, 495, 496, 365, 366, 367 are affected - all on 435mHZ.

Any solutions anyone can think of? Just posting here to get some ideas about how to proceed. Have been told (in other words) by Rogers - "too bad, so sad...building issue".

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
update: channel 900 is no longer saying "contact your provider" but now it says "this channel is currently unavailable in your area". Yaaaaaay! NOT!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I live in the former MacLean Hunter cable territory, and my channel 900 is showing a side by side 3D image on my tv, but I do not have a 3D compatible TV so it looks weird.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Still "call xxx number" showing on any cable boxes in my area with no resolve. Even after more than 8 phone callls.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
It will be shown on Discovery World HD right after the 2D version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
this i did not know.. and i though i had it all known.. anyone know of any others showing like this.. since they are simply showing the sidebyside, but still better than nothing right now. i think next 3d for rogers is the feb 20 nhl outdoor game in canada.

and ya, the 3d channel works proper in the building that the thread starter originaly was questioning. all channel 900 should be fine everywhere now.. lets hope

·
Registered
1 Posts
works in Thornhill

I live in a condo, it works perfectly.
I have an LG 3D TV, I had to press the '3D' button on the remote to be able to see the image in 3D. I couldn't find any 'side-by-side' option in the settings to choose.
Before pressing the '3D' button on the remote, I could see on the screen 2 identical images, side by side.
I really hope the content will be diversified (today, as a preview, it's only one song video, played again and again.)
The 3D quality is very nice.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts