Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
3D rogers

OK so just for the record where you live in Ontario make no difference, camera or not. the this that do matter, you "MUST" have a box that has HDMI (SA8300, SA4250, Cisco 8642) a version 1.4 HDMI cable for proper video, and obviously a 3D TV. for those of you getting a black screen on 900 you either A. don't have one of these boxes or B. need to call tech support for help if u meet the above and still have issue's. I am a tech myself and this info is coming rite from the listings we were given.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Actually, to see the image side-by-side on channel 900, all you need is an HDSTB connected to a TV. None of the rest matters since I can see that just fine. To see the proper 3D image, those may be required, depending.

noleng's concern is the fact that those living in apartments/condos with security cameras are having issues and cannot get channel 900 at all.

·
Banned
41 Posts
well no one has called in to tell us that... as far as rogers knows it works... and as for 3D you need the things i listed above for it to work anyways so if you dont have a 3D TV, HDMI 1.4, and one of those model boxes it won't matter anyways. but even if it is the camera there is an easy fix if your willing to lose the camera as your line could always be directly connected to the switch bypassing the camera. would require a field tech to go do it but most are probably not willing to lose the camera. but if people want it fixed everyone needs to be calling hell even get your friends to call we need a minimum of 20 calls for this to even be considered.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
rogers filter blocks out lobby channel, but if for some reason they change to a new type of filter it will work.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I live in Markham (404 and MajorMack), ch 900 on all 3 HD PVR are blank. My parents' house (which is a block north of mine) is also showing blank.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
PS: you do NOT need HDMI 1.4 for cable-based 3D (side-by-side or top-and-bottom). Heck, you don't even need high-speed HDMI 1.3. You also do NOT need HDMI 1.4 receiver for it.

HDMI 1.4 receiver is only needed for BD-based 3D signal. HDMI 1.4 cable is also NOT needed for BD-based signal provided that your HDMI 1.3 cable is classified as HDMI 1.3 High-Speed.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
so it looks like there is finally some light being shed on the problem, you can smell the success in the air, well its actually the diesel fumes outside i can smell through my window but yo uget my drift.

finally a solition so we can finally close this problem? or arewe not done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just checked yesterday evening after forgeting about that channel for a few weeks and low and behold I got a side-by-side image, switched to 3D mode and watched the lame 5-10 minute loop of Resident Evil: Afterlife and Open Season. Hadn't seen the Resident Evil: Afterlife trialer yet. Apple TV should have movie trailers in 3D, wait... Apple TV only does 720p, is it even possible? guess that will be the next revolutionary product from Apple. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
well I am glad this thread may have helped someone get some action to fix it.

i dont care anymore. rogers has lost my buisness for many other reasons.

I have been dealing with the office of the president, regarding my issues (nothing to do with the 3d channel)

the company has horrible customer service, understaffed, and the csr's dont know anything

I do appreciate the input from some of you rogers tech's in here though, but you company sucks. go work for cogeco or something.. you will be happier

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
ok... lets get over my bitterness, since this thread has evolved a bit.

I am still curious if anyone in the toronto north can access the channel yet.

And since you tech guys said that no body called in to report this, I am curious if any of you can find out what triggered the fix, and what they are actually doing for the long term.

SkyTv and espn 3d had real live shows on their demo channels last weekend. I have a 1 hour clip of it..

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Apple TV only does 720p, is it even possible?
Yes, it's even possible for regular DVD to do side-by-side 3D. It's just the resolution is cut by half (on any resolution)

so 1920x1080 side-by-side you actually see (in 3D mode) 960x1080 and so on.

Nothing revolutionary in the creation of side-by-side 3D. Heck even with VHS you can do this.

·
Premium Member
4,114 Posts
On Monday Sept 20/2010 on CBC @ 7PM EST, CBC wil be showing a show on the Queens :rolleyes: Crowning when she became queen. CBC says you can pick up free 3D glasses at the post office(I'm guessing the cheap kind),anyways I wonder will it be on the CBC Channel or will Rogers actually use there 3D Channel to show it?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
It will be on CBC and CBC HD channels. It will use non-standard anaglyph glasses (green/light amber). In theory they can make it side-by-side very easily at any resolution.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nothing revolutionary in the creation of side-by-side 3D. Heck even with VHS you can do this.
Unless you were to include a solid bar of known width between eye images, or some other index, it might be difficult to properly align the separated frames with VHS (being analogue). With digital, you can just count the pixels per line and divide by two (then uncompress).

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Sorry, I should've been clearer. When I mentioned DVD, VHS, I'm referring to the resolution, not the actual media.

·
Registered
116 Posts
3dtv needs to be ordered?

hello,

not sure if this is only me but when i go to the 3dtv ch now it says the service needs to be ordered and it provides that 1800#??? Is rogers actually gonna charge extra for this now?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
It's supposed to be free. I have the same problem too. All my 3 PVR are showing the same thing. Rogers tried resetting my PVRs from their end without avail. They've sent a technician in to have a look at the signal strength to no avail either.

Step forward 3 weeks later... Still no resolve.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Strange. I just checked for a minute and I get the same split screen as before, no "needs to be ordered" message. Since it's labelled as a preview/special channel, one would think it would be "free".

61 - 80 of 92 Posts