Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had issues with Shaw 3D on Channel 233 in the past (and have no issues with SBS on Directv from the USA), but I cannot get my Shaw 600 Series DVR to properly send out all the codes needed for this game.

I get the program - but in the original Side By Side format. Something is missing that will not allow the 3D Circuits in the TV to trigger.

Again, this has not happened in the past - and Directv is working fine in SBS when I switch to it.

Is anyone else having this issue?

FWIW, I have a Mitsubishi set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunday Hockey #D

I just received the side by side from shaw cable. I have new Motorola DCX 3400M Cable box and Sony KDL 55NX810 TV. All I could see was the side by side, something is missing can anyone help?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I got this from the Rogers Forum here. Try it and see it if works next time
thinkbig106 - you need to select the sidebyside format within your tv 3d settings.

sidebyside and overunder should be standard settings you should have access to somewhere within your tv menu.. although if you are not hooked up via hdmi than you may only get the option to upconvert like you said you have done. in component mode my samsung tv does not allow any 3d formats other than the 2d to 3d conversion or it tries just its standard 3d mode, which is not what we want for this sort of broadcast. you need to hook your tv up via dvi or hdmi and than you may get more options. i get about 6 options of different formats on my tv when hooked up properly. but we only need sidebyside for this
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1215553&postcount=26

·
Registered
13 Posts
broadcast worked ok

I tuned to channel 233 on the 630 PVR and saw the side by side broadcast. My TV was in auto 3d mode. I switched the tv 3d setting from auto to side by side and the channel 233 changed from side by side to one overlapped picture. I put the glasses on and had 3d - the Habs don't play well in 3d. My TV is Panasonic VT20.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have not had issues with Shaw 3D on Channel 233 in the past (and have no issues with SBS on Directv from the USA), but I cannot get my Shaw 600 Series DVR to properly send out all the codes needed for this game.
Hi HDTVFanAtic,

I just checked out the recorded broadcast on the 3D TV here (Samsung), and everything works as expected.

As expected, you must enable the Side-by-side 3D mode on the TV manually. Once this occurs, you can watch in 3D.

The HDMI 3D "auto-detect" that DirecTV has is not currently enabled on our receivers. The recent "3D" icon addition along with the rotation of 3D HDPPV titles are part of our commitment to this technology. As more customers purchase 3D equipment, expect future enhancements to continue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts