Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that the 3d Blu ray of AVATAR will be available with a purchase of Panasonics 3d TVS, but thankfully they are allowing anybody that bought a panny 3d tv from March till now the movie - FREE - as well.:p

I just bought my tv last week so to say this is great news is an understatement.. I checked the Panny canadain website and don't see the online form yet, if anybody finds out where we get the form let me know..:)

Check CNETS website for the full story..

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Oh buy, guess I get a free disc!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Hey what's this James Cameron Preferred settings?

Some type of new firmware. Is it giving Panasonic owners a new "Custom" setting or what?

·
Banned
220 Posts
I wished they could have also made a version with the old school 3d, but meh sounds cool, You just bring in the reciept of your purchase and they give you the 3d version. It looks amazing on the G25 in 2d with my custom settings.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey what's this James Cameron Preferred settings?

Some type of new firmware. Is it giving Panasonic owners a new "Custom" setting or what?
Hugh - if you attempt to download the Cameron firmware, you are given the following message:

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I downloaded the Cameron firmware and saw that. What I'm trying to understand is whether its a custom setting that can be changed back to the factory default or is it truly permanent and every 3D movies I watch will always have the James Cameron preferred setting?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't got mine yet, but its only been about 10days.. Can't wait, all the reviews say this is the movie you buy a 3D tv for..

So far the 3D content availble is not very good.. the Hockey games were good, but we need more!!!

Anybode see any of the Golf on the weeknd in 3D?? Did Shaw Direct carry the 3d Golf???

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's Panasonic Canada's email response when I contacted them about the status of our Avatar 3D Blu-Ray ordered in mid-December.

Please be advised that the Avatar 3D movies are being provided by a 3rd party rebate company based in New Brunswick. You must allow for 8 weeks for delivery. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I haven't watched my Avatar on it yet but I did watched Monster House on it. It was redone in 3D by SONY and I must say that the 3D effect was pretty good. According to a certain website, it seems like the movie to showcase 3D is Open Season, another 3D cartoon redone by SONY.

I wonder if the Cameron settings would benefit all 3D movies shown on my Panasonic...:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Please be advised that the Avatar 3D movies are being provided by a 3rd party rebate company based in New Brunswick. You must allow for 8 weeks for delivery. Thank you.
Probably from St-John, a 45 minute drive from my place...

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Didn't I tell you? ;)

Is it written PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL on it or does it look like a regular Blu-ray case?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts