Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

What's the state of 3D on ShawDirect? I remember seeing some type of preview channel for it... Is there any 3D content available, and if so is it only PPV?

·
Registered
721 Posts
When it's on PPV movies.it's on channel 966 and it's usually only weekends. But with NFL Sunday ticket not much on Sunday's as per rest of the year. Actually their's not a lot on then either. Nothing on 333 lately at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
3D Programming

Apologies if this has been discussed a lot, but I'm very new to Shaw Direct (as in, it got hooked up last night).

While 3D broadcasts weren't the main reason I bought the service, it was definitely something that intrigued me, since I have a 3DTV that has been aching for some more content.

My question is... WHERE is it all? The 3D channel has absolutely nothing on it, except to advertise channel 966 for PPV 3D movies... which also don't exist.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I actually just looked at the upcoming forecasts, and noticed on channel 966 there are a few PPV 3D movies tomorrow

7:30 AM Cars 2 3D HD G
9:30 AM Captain America: The First Avenger 3D HD PG-13
12:00 PM Kung Fu Panda 2 3D HD PG
2:00 PM The Smurfs 3D HD PG
4:00 PM Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D HD PG-13

Not that my opinion is of much worth, but the only 2 movies worth seeing are Captain America and Kung Fu Panda 2, but I would probably give Cars 2 a chance in 3D, especially if you have the $50 PPV credit.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if 3D movies are above the allowed credit?

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, channel 966 says 'No Data' for the entire day tomorrow (Friday, Jan 13th), so I can't even choose the 3D movies that I've now paid for... What gives??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts