Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd terminal for my basement tv.

I'll call Videotron to get details, but would appreciate first hand info here about the monthly additional cost for a 2nd terminal, from someone who already does that.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
$2.99/month for the second terminal, $2.00/month for the third terminal, $0/month for any subsequent terminal.

I was never charged any extra for the installation of these terminals.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is a 2.99 monthly charge for a 2nd outlet, plus the cost of the box, plus potentially a 70$ install fee. Even if you tell them you will install it yourself, you may get charged 35$ if you only have one outlet listed on your account already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a 2.99 monthly charge for a 2nd outlet, plus the cost of the box, plus potentially a 70$ install fee. Even if you tell them you will install it yourself, you may get charged 35$ if you only have one outlet listed on your account already.
In my experience they did not charge me any installation fee or outlet fee. In all occasions, the number of outlets on my account was increased by one. I purchased one terminal from Futureshop, the other was a used one through craigslist and on both occasions, I just phoned in the serial number and they activated without any additional fees. Maybe I was just lucky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts