Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my question: I have 1 Bell HD (6141) and a 3100 on my account. I travel a bit to the same location, staying there for weeks at a time and am getting an apartment there. Can I buy outright a 6141 and add it to my account...free...and how much for a new 6141? Are there used boxes around ??
Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes you can have up to 6 receivers on your account.

You cannot buy 6141's anymore new but you can get a 6131 which is nearly identical except it does not have a OTA tuner and UHF Remote. They are 199 plus tax new (There is a new one on eBay now for $179 with free ship). They are occasionally on sale as Future Shop or Best Buy for $149 and some times $99 (Boxing Day Sale last Xmas). There may be used boxes around they they are a hassel as they are sometimes still linked to other accounts.

And remember it is against Bell TV policies to have receiver hooked up receiving programing at 2 different locations!! So if you intend to do this don't let them know unless you want to call them every time you travel to transfer your programing to the other location.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You can pick up a 6100 on Flea Bay quite reasonably priced, $50 to $75.

It has the UHF Remote, so can be located out of sight, this is why I run one of these in my workshop, it is located in the rafters.

Otherwise the 6131 is the only Single Tuner HD Receiver available new from Bell TV right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts