Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Bell still activating 2700 receivers? I just got one from someone that was still using it up until last week ... its got an up to date card and current firmware. I tried to enroll it on my account using Bell's online thing and got an error saying to call for help. I call Bell and the nice girl I talked to tells me it's too old to work and basically saying I can't activate it because her system won't let her.

She then started the sales pitch telling me I should get an HD PVR receiver and I then tell her well I just wanted a crappy old receiver because it's going to be used out in my garage where I'm working on my cars so I didn't want anything special out there. She then offered me a free 3100 since I've been a loyal customer for a long time.

That was nice of Bell and I'm going to except the offer ... LOL!

But really a 3100 is really no different then the 2700 except for a bit faster processor. Both are mpeg-2 and can't do mpeg-4 or 8psk so really why not just activate the 2700 and not waste money sending me a free 3100 ? It seems like an odd policy ... anyone have a clue as to the method to their madness?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they can still work but from what I was told they just won't do any new activations of a 2700

·
Registered
819 Posts
I believe that once taken from an active account they do not want to add them to another account. You might get it done but the general rule is not to do it. Same goes for the 1000, 3500 etc.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sometimes we get annoyed at Bell when we get 2 different answers to a question but sometimes, it also works to our advantage.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts