Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 140 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Uh, it wasn't the "slow brother card." The brother was obviously autistic.
The "caregiver brother" used the smarts of his autistic brother to circumvent firewalls and such.
Doesn't make it any better or worse as a story element, but autistic is definitely not the same as "slow".

Completely agreed that this season doesn't measure up to previous seasons.
yes I know he was autistic and shouldnt have said slow but you know what I mean. It's just horrible. How many faces can jack have?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
We're probably gonna find out about Jack's "other" brother, who just happens to be.....you guessed it: autistic!

Add this to the list of "Signs your show has jumped the shark".

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they did have Jack have to waterski jump over a shark tank to catch a bad guy or disarm a nuke.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Nuje said:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they did have Jack have to waterski jump over a shark tank to catch a bad guy or disarm a nuke.
...wearing a leather jacket. ;)

I must say, I certainly don't find myself glued to the TV as much as the previous seasons. When the hour was up, I'd be cursing the TV. This season, not so much.

I'm sure it will pick up. Just gotta have some more of those nukes go off. Heh heh.

GO JACK GO!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
They're going overboard with the concept of what happens in one hour. These bad guys would be well ahead to use locations which aren't 15min drives from LA's CTU. And it's awkward to see love connections in a manner of hours. And for the VP to be so quick to make decisions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
To enjoy the show (and almost every other cop show on TV), you have to ignore the inconsistencies and "coincidences". I mean, come on, within hours of being on a boat from China, and suffering months of torture, Jack is back in full form.

The "love connection" is not new - Jack and his sis-in-law were obviously involved before (I think her son is Jack's). The VP is an "evil" guy and is simply executing his agenda - he isn't making quick decisions - they have already been made.

Anyways, I enjoy the hour each week and what more can we expect from Television.

·
Registered
411 Posts
To enjoy the show (and almost every other cop show on TV), you have to ignore the inconsistencies and "coincidences". I mean, come on, within hours of being on a boat from China, and suffering months of torture, Jack is back in full form.

The "love connection" is not new - Jack and his sis-in-law were obviously involved before (I think her son is Jack's). The VP is an "evil" guy and is simply executing his agenda - he isn't making quick decisions - they have already been made.

Anyways, I enjoy the hour each week and what more can we expect from Television.
Well said, alot of these people that enjo ripping the best show on TV, are the same ones that are blown away by LOST, or say Prison Break? Please, you could spend ALL day counting inconsistencies on those. As far as the CSI parade, I was a big fan at first, now they are being done to death. I find the new show Jericho very good, but like LOST, I think they have to have in mind a period of the show as far as duration, and not cross that line. Lost has begun to cross it, which is leaving it boring and stale most nights. I was such a killer show the first year and for most of the second, but ABC has a great track record at ruining quality shows.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I thought this thread was about 24 - there is another one for lost.

Anyway, I don't mind the inconsistencies, they have been there in all the seasons. The problem I have with 24 this season is that I find it boring (my wife has actually fallen asleep during the last 3 episodes). It just feels like "been there, done that..."

·
Registered
411 Posts
I thought this thread was about 24 - there is another one for lost.

Anyway, I don't mind the inconsistencies, they have been there in all the seasons. The problem I have with 24 this season is that I find it boring (my wife has actually fallen asleep during the last 3 episodes). It just feels like "been there, done that..."
Hmm, yet in the Lost thread you mentioned 24...Go figure?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Still boring... I will wait this season out, but it is my last season of 24. If the next one happens to be good, I will just have to catch it on DVD...

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think I'm done with this season. I have this week's episode and last weeks sitting on the PVR. Started to watch last week's, got about 20 minutes in and couldn't do it anymore. Maybe in a couple of weeks on a rainy Sunday I'll try again. :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
Great show. I love it. Ithink this season is great but not as good as last season. The only inconsistencies that bother me is the time it takes to get from any location to CTU in a matter of minutes. But I ignore it. If I let inconsistencies bother me I wouldn't be watching any TV or movies. Talk about inconsistencies. I'm a Leaf fan.

121 - 140 of 200 Posts