Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
True.... but not everyone has west feeds or they may not want to wait.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Well, tonight in the GTA, Global simsubbed the first hour (8:00pm - 9:00pm EST) but seemed to have stopped the simsub for the 2nd hour (9:00pm - 10:00pm EST). Currently, we're getting the FOX Buffalo feed on HDFOX 531. There were several audio drop outs during the Global simsub. We'll see if this non-simsub continues.

GO JACK GO!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
They definitely screwed up the second hour too here in North York.
Picture too muddy, sound cuts out every few minutes. Yuck!

Guys, next time PVR the Seattle feed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder how our west coast friends get their 24 in HD. Does Global send an HD feed out west? Or do they watch Global HD East or Seattle?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
JCL said:
They definitely screwed up the second hour too here in North York.
Picture too muddy, sound cuts out every few minutes. Yuck!
Are you saying you had a Global simsub for the 2nd hour on HDFOX 531? That was not the case for me. The 2nd hour on HDFOX 531 was untouched by Global's simsub machine.

Odd.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Maybe getting used to the sim-subs and not noticing anymore but thought that Evu did not simsub last night on the east HD channel. As to the content of the show...it frankly in my opinion should be toned down a notch or two.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes on bev it was not sim-subbed, i was actually expecting it to switch to global after the first commercial, thank god it didnt.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Is this the "official" 24 thread? Am I missing something here? I ask, because most posts deal with PQ, audio issues, and things of that nature.

Is this not supposed to be about the actual content of the show? I'm almost scared to start talking about Jack Bauer for fear of interrupting another type of discussion...

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
pcouture is correct. The topic of this thread is to discuss 24-Season 6; the content, the story, the actors, etc...pertaining to the actual program. It should not be to discuss picture quality or simsubbing of which there is an Official Faulty Simsub log to deal with such things.

TOPIC!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Cyclism said:
It should not be to discuss picture quality or simsubbing of which there is an Official Faulty Simsub log to deal with such things.
I thought the simsub log thread was just for official logs, not actual discussion. For discussion of the simsub issues, should we start seperate threads like "24 - Season 6 Simsub Banter" or something?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Yes, the official log is for faulty simsubs. Has anyone logged the faulty simsub of 24 this week? If so, I haven't seen it. Instead all I see in this thread are people complaining about the simsub.
I just want to make clear that the purpose of this thread is to actually discuss 24-Season 6, the program. To keep discussing the faulty simsub of 24 by Global is getting repititious and does not serve to contribute insights into the actual content of the show.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Cyclism said:
I just want to make clear that the purpose of this thread is to actually discuss 24-Season 6, the program. To keep discussing the faulty simsub of 24 by Global is getting repititious and does not serve to contribute insights into the actual content of the show.
Agreed. Perhaps making this thread sticky and adding "Official Thread" to the title like the others in this group will help to reinforce that.

Cheers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ottawa had no simsub at all on FOXE (Fox2 Detroit) for either hour.

Also, i noticed the dot pattern last night everyone has been talking about, that being said i've never seen it at my house, only last night at my friends on his 720P DLP tv.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
I just want to make clear that the purpose of this thread is to actually discuss 24-Season 6, the program. To keep discussing the faulty simsub of 24 by Global OR picture quality of the broadcast is getting repetitious and does not serve to contribute insights into the actual content of the show.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Thank you very much Cyclism.

Wow, every time something is on Global, all we read about is simsubbing. It's as if people did not care what the show is about, they only care about the broadcast.

Anyway, I almost got fooled about Jack's father not being involved.

I'm still trying to figure out what rational motive exists for selling nuclear weapons that could obviously be used on your soil. No matter how much money involved...

Now, the whole plot about the President being the target of a coup... I'm not sure what to make of that. I can understand the disagreement behind the proposal from the security advisor, but to go as far as eliminating the Pres....

61 - 80 of 200 Posts