Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Of course we do still have the not-quite-so-realistic real-time aspect too. My favourite from the first episode is our boy Jack, after 20 months without ever having seen soap, scissors or a Gilette Sensor, taking off his shirt to start getting cleaned up at 6:13 am... only to be freshly coiffed, professionally groomed and having travelled to the drop-off point at 6:28 am.

He really does do more in 15 minutes than many of us do in a day!! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also thought wasn't the best season opener. Wasn't as dramatic as last year with all the kill-offs in the 1st show. But then...there wouldn't be anyone left...

Funny also how 20 months later, Jack was pretty up-to-date on new cell phone features that permit entering Lat-Long info to get address through cell provider (which was followed by a cell phone provider ad for the exact same service....in HD!) Nice product placement!

Glad football pre-empted the Global feed, got to watch the Boston feed with a lot of commercials in HD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think we should have a NO SPOILER rule here -- as is the case with forums like AVSforum.com. Some of the posts here were pretty close to being spoilers. Stuff like "Hour 4 is jaw dropping, major shockers" ..... mmmm?

If you want plot updates, go to www.wikipedia.org and lookup 24.

·
Registered
163 Posts
GREAT first 4 hours.....but why did GLOBAL and ROGERS have to sub FOX tonite?!?!? I need more ads and no next week preview?!?!?
Where is the sim sub thread??? AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

·
Banned
200 Posts
Expressvu didn't simulcast...well, they did, for the first segment, but switched back to FOX when they realized it wasn't a CTV show they were simulcasting. How much you wanna bet CTV butchers IDOL and gets away with it every week?

Preview was ok...fairly typical. 18 hours of filler coming up and then the last few remaining hours are usually the most interesting. This is where people like me, PVR about 4-6 weeks worth and just watch 'em all in one sitting.

Does Rogers simulcast everything? CTV/Citytv/Global?

·
Registered
407 Posts
FOX-E SD was subbed on BEV, i wasnt home to check rogers but i would assume that SD was definitally subbed, HD may or may not have been. Anyone?

·
Registered
815 Posts
>>>i wasnt home to check rogers but i would assume that SD was definitally subbed, HD may or may not have been. Anyone?<<<

Rogers subbed the HD feed, but at least it was in HD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Next Monday at 10 HDGLB says "24 (HD)". Likely not. I'll watch it an hour earlier on Fox with no sub. Who needs Global HD.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
After watching two seasons of Sleeper Cell, I find 24 a little too Hollywood. Maybe this has to do with the fact I have only started watching 24 last year(season 5).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just watched hours 3&4 (pvr'd from FOXHW, Evu to avoid the Global butchering of the feed). Definately made up for the lacklustre hours 1 and 2!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep, i dont know how the 5.1 was since i watched it @ 9, but i was amazed to see when i changed to global that 24 was indeed in HD.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Almost had a coronary when Heroes(Global feed) was playing instead of 24 on Fox. Took almost 2 minutes before the Boston feed finally came up...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a new theory about 24 on Global's HD at 10:00. It's delayed from Fox's original timeslot, so why Global can do HD in this case? I would like to think that Global's got new gear that will allow them to finally do it. But another possibility is that they're just picking up Fox's central time zone HD feed. Which is it, I don't know. Have to watch a couple more weeks to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Fox & Global simsub on Feb.12

Heads Up....

Monday's (Feb. 12) 2 hour episode (or two 1 hour episodes) air from 8PM to 10PM ET on both Global AND Fox according to my IPG. I'm sure you can kiss the "true" HD signal goodbye for the upcoming week.:(

41 - 60 of 200 Posts