Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised there's no discussion yet on this HBO 4-part series that follows the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins in the weeks leading up to their Winter Classic showdown on New Year's Day. Anyone watch?
I didn't think there was anything groundbreaking in the first episode, although Alex Ovechkin had one good line that made me laugh out loud. And Bruce Boudreau sure does love his F-bombs.
I seem to recall a weekly NHL review show back in the 1970s, with Marv Albert doing the commentary, that did some of this stuff on a much smaller scale, minus the coarse language of course.
The story line of the teams' divergent fortunes since filming began is pretty compelling, though.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The Rookie hazing was pretty funny...especially his quote afterwards: "we're gonna find out who did this...and do nothing about it" :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I loved the line on #2 that Caps GM made about talk show/call in shows that talk about teams, it was something along the line of: "if these so called experts really knew anything about the game, they would be in it" So true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts