1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Bossman. I have been subscribing to Rogers SuperSportsPak from Sep to Mar each year, but can't see paying $35 a month and not getting NFL Sunday Ticket, as much as I enjoy college football.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome @Swagger2002. And yeah that's the one big difference between Bell and Rogers is that I can get just U.S. College football and basketball on its own without subscribing to the other sports with Bell.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Anyone have any streaming options that are available? There have been very few the last few years except for some freebie games of Division II and lower teams made by media students at one of the schools.

Being an OTA user with access to a few US markets, it's not horrible, but the selection is weak on some Saturdays on the big 4 U.S. networks and some of the sub-channels that carry games for the smaller conferences.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anyone know if TSN or Rogers will be picking up the Fox Sports One games ? A few years ago Michigan was at Utah on FS1 and the Big Ten Network in Canada showed the game, maybe they will do the same again.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I think it's a to be determined thing. I have seen FOX games in the Super Sports Pak before but it's few and far between.

Bossman, I noticed your site said Rogers has SEC. I'm assuming you are referring to the games being included in SSP? That is good news. I might purchase the package in October when more conference games start.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks for your weekly postings, Bossman. Always a good read. It is a shame we get screwed so hard here in Canada when it comes to CFB coverage.

I'm on Bell, so I don't get the Big Ten Network. The horror stories I've read on your blog Bossman and elsewhere makes me never want to pay for Bell's CFB package, especially when big games aren't on it every week.

I'm an Arizona State fan and in previous years, I've paid to stream the Pac 12 Network online via YouTube to watch their games. I went to subscribe tonight for another season and I am blocked. This is the response from the Pac-12 Network: "We are exploring our options for expanding distribution in Canada and will update you as and when anything changes. Meanwhile, you’re still able to access a robust array of short-form content across online and on our social media sites."

Seeing as their network isn't carried in Canada as far as I know, combined with the above issues, I have no issues watching a majority of my games online via illegal streams. I want to pay, but either I can't or the product is inferior.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Banner23 We do not receive FS1 games up here and won't for the 2017 season. That was a one-off they did a few years ago. Basically it was an all-in marketing scheme to show the Big Ten what they could have with FOX. And whaddya know? It worked (to the chagrin of Canadian college football fans).
@bigoranget Yes the SEC Network games are now available on Rogers. Took them enough time. I still don't understand the rationale behind not including it when it first started.
@ticky Yeah talking with a few American friends they are shocked at what we have to do to watch college football up here. To them it's absurd (it is to us too). Then again, this issue would NEVER fly down there. Ever.

We are getting to the point where college football fans are being pushed in that direction. It's sad but we didn't ask for this. Most of us would pay a premium to get all the games we want. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to.

Reactions: emmy1500

·
Registered
580 Posts
American Sports Network syndication has been dismantled and replaced by a new OTT/digital subchannel network called Stadium. The UAB game wasn't geoblocked on it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In recent years, NBC has moved one Notre Dame home game a season to NBCSN. It is done to promote NBCSN in the States. It usually involves ND's weakest home/neutral site opponent.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a feeling when the schedule was made that the Miami-OH game was put there for that reason: so it could be moved to NBCSN easily. NBC couldn't have been happy since the President's Cup was horrifically bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts