WJYE 96.1 FM & HD1 Buffalo NY

Next? :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
SiriusXM 40s on 4

Holiday Traditions
Ch. 4 | November 12 – December 31

SiriusXM Holly is also starting November 12 -December 31.

Launch time: 12 Noon ET/9am PT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Galaxie Christmas music

Galaxie has 3 Christmas music channels which started today (Nov. 5, 2013) on Bell TV and Shaw Direct.

The Galaxie app has 11 Christmas channels which also began today. They are listed in the Holidays section of the app. To get these, you need a subscription which you can buy via the app.

Galaxie Online has 2 channels thus far. See Holidays tab under Channels on their website.

I am so glad Galaxie started earlier this year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yuletide Fireplace channel on Bell TV

Bell TV has the Yuletide Fireplace channel in HD on 1060. I noticed it yesterday. Right now it's playing music from the Baroque channel, I think. It looks fantastic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
CBC Music has 2 Christmas music channels

CBC Music has 2 Christmas music channels on their app and website. They started on November 1 this year. One channel is Classical Holidays; the other is Seasonal Favourites. Their website is music.cbc.ca I just discovered Classical Holidays last year and it is fantastic.:cool:

So glad they began early this year too. Seems to be a trend this year.

·
Super Moderator
17,487 Posts
Galaxie

Just to expand on the Galaxie info - Holiday Favourites replaces Kid's Stuff, Franco Fête replaces Mousses Musique and Smooth Jazz becomes Smooth Jazz Christmas on all providers.

Shaw, Shaw Direct, CCAP, Tbaytel and Telus TV subscribers receive the app with up to 74 channels for free. I'm not sure if that includes the extra Holiday channels or just the standard 3.

The additional Christmas channels are also available online for those providers that license it.

These providers offer Galaxie online: Bell, CCAP, Cogeco, Rogers, SaskTel Max, Shaw, Shaw Direct, Tbaytel, Videotron, Westman Communications and WTVE Canada.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does Rogers have Galaxie channels available online/App (iOS) other than the 40 standard channels we have with Cable TV ?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Plenty of Christmas music online. Here are just three that I have bookmarked.

http://yuleplay.com/
"Yuleplay is a site dedicated to Christmas and the music it inspires. No matter what time of the year you visit you can listen to the best Christmas music ever recorded for free. Along the way we hope that you'll also discover new Christmas songs, make playlists you can share with your friends and read about the artists that have given the holidays the soundtrack it deserves. "

http://www.181.fm/playing.php?station=181-xstandards&embed=1
(18 channels of Christmas music at 181.fm, this is just one of them.

http://2012.accuradio.com/#!/everything/accuholidays/

·
Super Moderator
17,487 Posts
Does Rogers have Galaxie channels available online/App (iOS) other than the 40 standard channels we have with Cable TV ?
According to the info that I copied from the Galaxie.ca web site, Rogers doesn't pay for the Galaxie app, just for online. When I clicked on the Rogers online link on the Galaxie site, it only showed 40 channels.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
KISC-FM, in Spokane, Washington, is now all Christmas music and heard coast to coast in Canada on Shaw Direct and Shaw cable. Not sure when it started, but usually it doesn't begin until American Thanksgiving. It is definitely earlier this year.

It also seems that Toronto's CHFI is all Christmas music, as of this weekend.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I hope Up 97.7 doesn't flip here in Calgary (since that they are using the same branding as Up 99.3 in Edmonton it's hard to say). Lite 95.9 though is already commenting on their Facebook page that they will be doing so at some point - they do so every year though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Majic 100.3 in Ottawa is switching to all Christmas music format starting this Friday at 3 PM.

Also, AFAIK, 95.3/103.9 Holly FM out of Syracuse was the first radio station to go all Christmas music this year, way back on October 5th.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Shaw Direct 'Fire Log'

Copied from their facebook page.
'Chestnuts roasting on an open... TV. The Fire Log is back! Today until January 7, you can warm your hands over the glow of your television screen and keep watch for the elusive arm.

It will be broadcast on channel 299 (in between regular programming), in HD on channel 955 (you'll need a 600-series receiver), or on Shaw Direct On Demand!'

·
Registered
608 Posts
105.7 Ez-Rock (CHRE)

I believe 105.7 out of St.Catharines will switch over from the adult contemporary format to 24/7 Christmas music very soon. I can not remember the exact date though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts