Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/02/23/jays_schedule_sportsnet/

Check out the above link for the full broadcast schedule

Rogers Sportsnet and Sportsnet Radio The FAN 590 have all the bases covered during the Toronto Blue Jays regular season with broadcasts of all 162 games, starting with the season-opener April 1st at 7 p.m. (ET) / 4 p.m. (PT) against the Minnesota Twins at Rogers Centre.

Sportsnet's opener will be broadcast on the Rogers Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific channels. Sportsnet will broadcast 124 games on the four regional channels and 38 games on the nationally distributed Sportsnet ONE. All Sportsnet games will be broadcast in HD.

Former Blue Jay Manager Buck Martinez calls the action on Jays on Rogers Sportsnet, while former Jay Pat Tabler handles the analysis. Jamie Campbell is the host of Jays Connected pre-game show and the studio host for all Sportsnet broadcasts.

Jerry Howarth and Alan Ashby call the action on Sportsnet Radio The FAN 590 and Blue Jays Radio Network. They will be joined by studio host Mike Wilner, who hosts pre-game and post-game shows.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
So basically, One picks up the games that were on TSN/TSN2 or the Rogers Preview channel in 2009. The number of games on Sportsnet regionals is up from last year (I think) and the same as it was in 2009.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yep, a little higher... Jays games on Sportsnet usually topped out in the 120-125 range. They used to miss some afternoon games, especially on the west coast, because of a lack of HD trucks, they had to move the mobile during like the Thursday, from say Oakland up to Seattle in order to cover the weekend.

Now that the Sportsnet ONE fiasco is mostly over, there should be much less complaining, all told, Rogers was a bit greedy moving some games they didn't need to over to ONE last year, but now its just when there are conflicts, which is understandable and fair to everyone.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It seems the general rule of thumb for games on SN1. All Wednesday games, which is good because at least it is consistent, and games that conflict with Memorial Cup (May), Rogers Cup (August) and NFL (September).

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think Wednesday usually has some Soccer Canada games I think? Or regional FC games and what not

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Canadian Championship Soccer matches will be played on
April 27 & May 4 (semi finals)
May 18 & May 25 (finals)

Off the top of my head I want to say all Wednesday TFC games are on TSN, but I'm not certain of that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow they are going to pick up thursday afternoon games(travel day)
I wanted them to pick up the other teams feed when Campbell was doing the games, just to hear other teams announcers. Not a Jays fan either.Bringging back Buck was a good move , now go get Shulman back.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Wow they are going to pick up thursday afternoon games(travel day)
I wanted them to pick up the other teams feed when Campbell was doing the games, just to hear other teams announcers. Not a Jays fan either.Bringging back Buck was a good move , now go get Shulman back.
DirtyShirt, they won't get Shulman back. He is the lead voice for ESPN Baseball and also does NCAA basketball for the network. No chance he gives that up unless he wants to stay closer to home, and even then, he has a deal now with TSN. Check out the Fan590 and TSN Radio threads in the radio forum.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
DirtyShirt, they won't get Shulman back. He is the lead voice for ESPN Baseball and also does NCAA basketball for the network. No chance he gives that up unless he wants to stay closer to home, and even then, he has a deal now with TSN. Check out the Fan590 and TSN Radio threads in the radio forum.
The preseason game on March 19 is going to be televised in the States by YES Network and is also going to be aired on tape delay by MLB Network... its the only game that SNET is not picking up that is going to be televised elsewhere during the preseason... Whats on SNET and SNET1 that day? Odds are it'll run then on the preview channel or SSP/MLBEI.

UPDATE: There is also a game on March 26 against Philly that will also be MLB Network in the USA but no Canadian feed... It is a local OTA produced Philly's game on WPHL-DT.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The preseason game on March 19 is going to be televised in the States by YES Network and is also going to be aired on tape delay by MLB Network... its the only game that SNET is not picking up that is going to be televised elsewhere during the preseason... Whats on SNET and SNET1 that day? Odds are it'll run then on the preview channel or SSP/MLBEI.
Also, I am surprised the preseason game on Monday against Philly isn't being aired at least on Fan590's website. I know its NHL Trade Deadline day and that it's also preseason, but Toronto's Kyle Drabek against Philadelphia's Roy Halladay. There will be a Philly's feed on MLB.com but do you have to pay for those during the preseason?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Has Sportsnet released their non-Jays MLB schedule yet? From the Spring Training games they have so far, it appears that the San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners are the teams they are going to feature the most.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Makes sense. Sportsnet East is shared territory with the Sox and Pacific is shared with the M's. Meanwhile the Giants are defending Champs..

As for their schedule, I remember last year Sportsnet was picking up additional games as the year went, so I wouldn't read too much into it...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Someone from Sportsnet told me to expect it in early to mid March. Last season the hold up in releasing the full season schedule was the uncertainty of Sportsnet One. This year I think the whole thing will be released at once.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, I am surprised the preseason game on Monday against Philly isn't being aired at least on Fan590's website. I know its NHL Trade Deadline day and that it's also preseason, but Toronto's Kyle Drabek against Philadelphia's Roy Halladay. There will be a Philly's feed on MLB.com but do you have to pay for those during the preseason?
Looks like they could have put the Jays game this afternoon on the radio since Trade Deadline Day is a snoozer

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
If you are close enough to the transmitter, I read on anoter OTA site that WNGS has picked up the 21 Yankee games that are broadcast locally in the NYC area on WWOR (so non YES network, non FOX games and non ESPN games). If true, for Jays fans that will include the four games on April 19, May 24, July 14 and September 16.

I know over in the OTA forum one of the WNGS engineers chimes in once and awhile, so hopefully he can confirm. WNGS is tough to pick up by reports in the GTA but there is better luck for those in the Golden Horseshoe who are closer to the boarder...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Originally posted by alebowgm
Makes sense. Sportsnet East is shared territory with the Sox and Pacific is shared with the M's. Meanwhile the Giants are defending Champs..

As for their schedule, I remember last year Sportsnet was picking up additional games as the year went, so I wouldn't read too much into it...
To a certain degree, Sportsnet West is shared territory with the Twins.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts