Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
New channels:
Brava HD and/Mezzo HD (they are both Classical/Jazzz music channels)
SkyNews HD International
France 24 (French and English feeds)

Enhancements already discussed...
More à la carte options..
Ability to get WPIX and KTLA without movie package.
Prevent or limit CTV, GLOBAL, CITY, /A\, etc... from filling prime time with US shows. They should produce their own programming, this is what we pay our LPIF fee for.
MORE COMPETITION!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Preventing Canadian channels from filling the prime time hours with US imports is very easy, which brings us to another item on the wish list: OUTLAW SIGNAL SUBSTITUTION!

·
Registered
101 Posts
My wish list. Well i would like Bell SAT TV to stop increasing my bill, less compression of the channels, and add a lot more High Definition channels (not PPV or VOD)!!!!!! As for OTA I would hope that here is Southern Alberta that CTV, Global, CBC, CityTV all meet the August deadline or even go on the air Digitally early.....who am I kidding they are going to piss and moan about the time table and cost. Lastly in OTA I would hope that ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX/CW..and whatever else braoadcasts in Montanna would dramatically increase the power. It used to be nice to get the Great Falls stations even though it was only 2.......2 less sim-sub...those were the good old days :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2011 wish list:

1. True A-la-Carte programing.
2. End of regional blackouts of hockey (and other sports) games. Hey, I live in NL and would like to see Calgary play when they are on Sportsnet.
3. End of Signal Sub.
4. A channel featuring classic (50's to 80's) drama/action/adventure shows. We have plenty offering the classic comedy from these years, so how about this type of channel?
5. Channels that stick to their name. ie: Action showing comedy, History with reality shows, etc.
6. A western channel like the original Lonestar.
7. Having channels offer international programming. ie: Channels have to offer a % of international programming along with US and Canadian. There are a lot of programs that are being or have been show overseas that I would love to see. Instead of having channels carry endless reruns of CSI, maybe they can show The Avengers?

·
Registered
543 Posts
The end of the CRTC
Setanta Sports in HD
BBC America as BBC Canada is absolute crap.
BBC America's worse IMO

Setanta's already in HD, but there's complaints by alot of people about really bad image, idk if it's compression or what

And the CRTC? They don't need to be abolished, they need to be reformed in two ways. 1: Give it the powers of the British agency Ofcom (example, Ofcom can fine and punish news agencies for impartial reporting, CRTC can't) and 2: only have people in the agency with common sense and a pair of bollocks, who are willing to make decisions for what's best for the Canadian public, rather then what's best for the Canadian companies who want to protect their interests and profits.

As for me?
end of Simsubing
greater carriage of American and international networks
better Canadian programming
MORE HD HD HD!!!!!!!
And one other thing, a requirement that HD channels show older non-HD content in it's original aspect ratio. Nothing worse then stretch-o-vision.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The best way to reform the CRTC would be to remove all the corporate insiders that are sitting on it and pick peoples from the general population the same way that a jury is pick. Off course we never see that in our lifetime!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wishes for this year

A complete and total end to signal substitution

Ending the ban that allows Canadians to legally subscribe to
American satellie tv companys DirecTV and Dish Network

41 - 48 of 48 Posts