Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
this is good news. we bought a 46"G46 a few weeks ago. I was a bit concerned with this issue before we bought the tv. However, after doing research, the overall performance of the TV still outweighed this issue and the performance of the competition.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2011 Panasonic Release Date / Black Levels?

Hello all:

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forum area or if this has been addressed before. I did try searching first but wanted recent information.

First off, looking purchase a new Plasma in early 2011. More inclined to Panasonic but getting a little scared about these "decreasing black levels" issues.

Do you think Panasonic will resolve these issues with their 2011 releases?

Also, when will the 2011 models be released?

Thanks! + happy new year!:)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

It is part of the TV's design. That won't really change, but how it works right now is that even in the elevated black level state ... 1 year down the road ... that black is still better than the Samsung or the LG black levels to start with.

Regards

·
Registered
119 Posts
That is good to know.

I am eyeing the TCP54G25. Just not sure if I should purchase this model or wait until the 2011 lineup is released. Which is usually in March correct?

I know there will always be something "better" in the future. You've got to jump in the pool eventually.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

Some show up in march ... others in the summer ...

You don't have to jump in ... you can just sit back and keep telling your friends that you will jump in ... and eventually they just stop listening to you. (A few of my friends are like that ... and I just tune out after a while ... particularly those that ask the opinion about that TV to get and never follow it ... so I tell them I won't waste their time. :) )

Regards

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hilarious!

You know what the problem is -- we always feel that if we can just wait for the "next cycle" we'll get a better, more updated product, for the same price as last year's product.

Well, what would you recommend for me?

Have you seen this Panasonic TCP54G25 in action before?

I watch a lot of sports/movies. Not interested in 3DTV at this point. I figured the "G" series was the next best thing.

I've always been a Panasonic type of guy. It'd be hard to move me into an LG or Samsung unless I knew I was getting a superior product for less $$$ than Panasonic.

Already own the Panasonic BD-85 Blu-Ray....

Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
116 Posts
we own the 46" and can't be happier. We watch a variety of material (sports, BD, SD content, even CP 24 at times) and it has nothing been short of amazing (for the $$ of course). My only wish is that it was able to display 24fps content properly. We tried enabled the 24fps on our PS3 and it just didn't work. I wish it did, but the picture is still amazing on it.
We are currently using the THX setting; I do plan on having it calibrated soon enough (after recuperrating from the holidays and paying for some bills)
I hope this helps you in some way

·
Registered
68 Posts
We purchased a 46G25 in April and really like it. Sometimes I wonder just how much "better" a TV one gets from all this worry. I do have to say that to this day whenever I'm watching someone else's TV I always find that I like my G25 better. My only complaint is floating blacks, but I've been living with it for all of the other benefits. I stepped away from AV forums for a couple of months - I will be looking into whether there was ever any kind of fix for FB before my factory warranty expires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts