Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, tsn lets us down, picking up the mutiliated ESPN feed instead of the BBC feed.

Also, tsn should have started their streaming an hour ago, and havent done anything. Someones sleeping in I guess.

2 hours into it and still no streaming.. nice job tsn

7:30 am, they are now streaming espn coverage. still not #9, #10, #11 like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The BBC feed would cause too many problems because there are no commercials. I don't see what's wrong with the ESPN feed; I'm sure in the past you would have still watched the final two rounds on ABC over TSN, even if TSN had the BBC feed. I don't know how you consider it a let down, its not like anyone was expecting BBC coverage.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im talking more about the BBC international feed which has limited commercial time allocated. (although the real BBC feed would be the best of course)

And theres no way in hell I would watch ABC over any BBC feed, no matter what channel its on. Only so many Tiger replays and endless drivel from the abc sheep I can take.

and tsn got their streaming correct about 11am or so I think. Great job there guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On the ESPN "British Open mosaic channel" on Direct TV one of the channels is called "International feed" with British announcers & no commercials. They did the same for Wimbledon too. This doesn't help most I know....

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm disappointed TSN is not providing a replay of day 2. Coverage ended around 3pm EST so I'm sure a lot of people missed it - including me. TSN is showing CFL. That's understandable. TSN2 is showing some joke match between ManU (mostly reserves I'm guessing) and Celtic followed by Friday Night Fights. That's not so understandable.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
TSN2 didn't even show the United-Celtic match, it was on Setanta. There was no reason that TSN2 couldn't have shown it from 6-9 or something even.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Because I'd think TSN is always getting ESPN at their main control, they would have to go out of their way to get BBC. TSN doesn't use the BBC (video) feed for anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts