The Nordic events in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics include the biathlon, cross country skiing, nordic combined and ski jumping.
All of the Nordic events will be held at Whistler Olympic Park in Whistler, British Columbia. The following is what Candian viewers can look forward to in coming weeks.
The biathlon competition will consist of ten events to be held between February 13th (day 2) and February 26th (day 15). A total of 220 athletes (113 men, 107 women) will be competing including eight from Canada.
- Day 2 - 7.5 km Sprint Women
- Day 3 - 10 km Sprint Men
- Day 5 - 10 km Pursuit Women and 12.5 km Pursuit Men
- Day 7 - 15 km Individual Women and 20 km Individual Men
- Day 10 - 15 km Mass Start Men and 12.5 km Mass Start Women
- Day 12 - 4 x 6 km Relay Women
- Day 15 - 4 x 7.5 km Relay Men
Discuss in Digital Home's Biathlon discussion thread .
A total of twelve cross-country skiing events will be held between February 15th and 28th.
Across the twelve cross-country skiing events, a maximum of 310 athletes are allowed to compete with no country having more than 20 skiers competing, with an additional limit of 12 men or 12 women per specific nation. For each event, a nation can enter four skiers in individual events and one team in relay races.
- Day 4 - 10 km Individual Free Women and 15 km Individual Free Men
- Day 6 - Individual Sprint Classic Men/Women
- Day 8 - 15 km Pursuit Women
- Day 9 - 30 km Pursuit Men
- Day 11 - Team Sprint Free Men/Women
- Day 13 - 4 x 10 km Relay Men
- Day 14 - 4 x 5 km Relay Women
- Day 16 - 30 km Mass Start Classic Women
- Day 17 - 50 km Mass Start Classic Men
Discuss in Digital Home's Cross Country skiing discussion thread
The nordic combined events will be held between the 14th (day 3) and 25th (day 14) of February. Sprint and individual Gundersen events of 7.5 km and 15 km events will be replaced by two 10 km individual events with one jump each from the normal and large hills respectively.
For the three events, there are a maximum 55 athletes allowed to compete. No nation can have more than five skiers. For each event, no nation can enter four skiers per nation per individual event or one team per nation per relay race.
Canada is expected to enter skiers in all events.
- Day 3 - Individual Normal Hill and Individual 10 km
- Day 12 - Team Large Hill and Team Relay
- Day 14 - Individual Large Hill and Individual 10 km
Discuss in Digital Home's Nordic combined discussion thread
The ski jumping competitions will be held between February 12th (day 1) and February 22nd (day 11).
There will three events, Normal hill, individual large hill and team large hill. For the three events, there are a maximum 70 athletes allowed to compete. No nation can have more than five skiers. For each event, no nation can enter four skiers per nation per individual event or one team in the team event
- Day 1 - Individual Normal Hill Qualification
- Day 2 - Individual Normal Hill Final
- Day 8 - Individual Large Hill Qualification
- Day 9 - Individual Large Hill Final
- Day 11 - Team Large Hill Qualification and Final
Discuss in Digital Home's Ski Jumping discussion thread
In Canada, English language Olympic programming will appear on CTV, TSN, SportsNet, RDS, Omni, and ATN. Click here for Canadian tv listings or consult your cable or satellite providers Interactive program guide.
In the U.S., Olympic programming will appear on NBC,MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Universal HD and Universal Sports. Click here for U.S. listings or consult your cable or satellite providers Interactive program guide.
Discuss all aspects of the Olympics in Digital Home's 2010 Winter Olympics discussion forum