Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
S & L should be coming through for all customers. I'll check with Vancouver on it. Also as it stands now Dusk will not be on a free preview this month. Normally in the past for October it has been but there were some issues getting it confirmed. Once we hear if it does go on a free preview we will post it here.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Movie Central Free Preview?

I was chatting on Shaw about a different matter and the rep suggested Movie Central and its SOD for free preview for 3 months. Is there any truth to that?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you haven`t subbed to Movie Central in the past 90 days, you can get it free for 3 months . You have to phone them to get it and you have to phone them to cancel when your 3 months is up or you will be billed for the next month. They will also do this for Super Channel.

·
Registered
725 Posts
^^^^
Thanks madbob for the clarification. Perhaps I should try MC for 3 months followed by SC for another 3 months? But then, I took a quick look at the movies/series offered and there aren't many appealing ones so perhaps I'll just go both at the same time for the holiday season.

·
Super Moderator
17,005 Posts
According to moviecentral.ca you have to sign up for the 90 day preview before Nov 30. I'm not sure about Super Channel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CHrisCHu, that's what a PVR is for! We had a free preview for the past couple of months and have recorded a LOT of movies for post-preview watching. The beauty is they'll often show the same movies over and over -- you can set the PVR for the overnight showings so it doesn't interfere with any of your regular recordings.

·
Registered
725 Posts
^^^^
Yeah, I know, but my DVR schdule is pretty busy without free previews already. Last time we had free previews, I really had to juggle the schedule to get the best out of the free previews.:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
3-month free HBO/MC/SC

I called in to sign up for the 3-month free MovieCentral (incl HBO). CSR said I could get Super Channel as well so I did. MCHD seems to have better movies than SCHD1/2. Since I bought the DCX now to replace my defective rental Pace box, I figure to keep the Pace for perhaps another month for the extra busy recording schedule (Pace box works fine as long as I keep as few recordings as possible).

141 - 160 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.