Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super Channel and Nickelodeon will be on a free preview from Dec 15th through to Jan. 18th.

Not sure if this will include Super Channel HD as well but we will find out on the 15th.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Nickelodeon free preview only applies to people with the Digital Basic package. Anyone with the full Digital TV package should already be getting it included.

·
Registered
681 Posts
As of today at 09:35 for Superchannel it only includes the HD Channels 228 and 229. The SD channels are not turned on yet or won't be turned on.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I'm getting the same thing, just the HD channels. Perhaps its an HD only free preview. There website doesn't say anything about a free preview at all.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
For a lot of people this is an increase because we don't usually get those channels. I'm sure we'll get more HD channels soon enough. Surprisingly Shaw wasn't the first one to offer TCM HD in Canada, Roger's beat em to it. I just hope we don't get anymore sports channels, enough already! Sorry, getting slightly off topic here.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey vjose78 I was just wondering you are with MTS right? If you are then cool because I could tell my parents that they can watch Superchannel on channels 435 and 436 and that its not just Shaw that is offering this free preview.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Mixar69, MTS Super Channel HD Preview Dec. 18 - Jan. 18 on channels 40 & 41. Most providers are offering the free preview

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Mixar - I am no longer with MTS, went back to Shaw, so I wouldn't know about MTS having a free preview or not.

Nebula - If your not getting Nickelodeon then you should contact Shaw. After I switched back to Shaw I noticed I wasn't getting this channel, I contacted them and they fixed the problem right away.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The SuperChannel free preview is for the HD SuperChannels only. Although SuperChannel is available for 50% off for the first 4 months on a promotion that just came out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
hmm are you sure Nick is supposed to be a free channel? i have full digital and had to pick it as part of my "pick 10" channel package ... if it is free would they not tell me that when i picked it?

nice to see the free preview of SuperChannel HD. would be nice if that was a normal option..get superchannel/moviecentral HD only. instead of getting them "free" when you buy the normal movie channels

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Blintok, Nick is free if you have full digital TV with all the tiers. Nick is in a new tier called tier 4.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
So what else is in this "new" tier 4 or will be in tier 4 and what's the point of having a tier nobody knows about with only one channel?

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
vjose78, I'm just posting what I read about your problem not getting Nick.
You should still get Nickelodeon as far as I know. Digital Tier 4 (which is only Nickelodeon) may not have been added to your account when it was created. It's a relatively new code and the rep may have missed it.
My guess is any new "free" digital channels will go into tier 4, so Digital TV gets them and Digital Basic doesn't.

·
Registered
458 Posts
weird. is this tier 4 only in select areas?
what is this "full digital package"? is this what they used to call "fully loaded"?
i checked the shaw website and there is nothing about a tier 4 and the Nickelodeon
channel is listed among the Specialty Channels.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Blintok, when Nick was first announced, Shaw said it was free with the "Digital TV" package. This is the one for $60.95 with tiers 1 2 3. Tier 4 is an internal Shaw method for adding Nick. It isn't listed on the Shaw site because it doesn't cost anything.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Russia TV - Channel 179 is also part of Digital Tier 4 I found out today

Thanks to all - I called and got Nick removed from my 7 pack and got a different channel.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.