Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I cancelled Center Ice. Had it for about 10 years but I got tired of paying for it. Used to be $180 and now is $210. I used to have sunday ticket, center ice, and extra innings. $600 plus tax (now HST) per year. I have now cancelled all three. I think I am tired of Bell not offering a $30 per month sports pak which would include everything. I'll miss center ice but enjoy my savings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am watching the Canucks flames game and it says that the oilers canucks is now on Sportsnet Ones companion channel? What the hell is that? Is that like TSN2?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've purchased Centre Ice for the upcoming year. Last night I noticed the Calgary vs Vancouver preseason game was blacked out in my region (Saskatchewan). It wasn't on Sportsnet West, nor Pacific. I thought it was probably on Sportsnet one in the West, hence the blackout. Checking the Sportsnet One webpage it looks like there was a Jays game on. What gives? I can't figure out why it was listed on the guide on Centre Ice, but blacked out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've purchased Centre Ice for the upcoming year. Last night I noticed the Calgary vs Vancouver preseason game was blacked out in my region (Saskatchewan). It wasn't on Sportsnet West, nor Pacific. I thought it was probably on Sportsnet one in the West, hence the blackout. Checking the Sportsnet One webpage it looks like there was a Jays game on. What gives? I can't figure out why it was listed on the guide on Centre Ice, but blacked out.
Yesterday there were two simulatneous Vancouver/Calgary games, one in each city.
They started an hour apart. The first one to start (in Calgary) was televisied on Sportsnet Pacific/West and was available on Centre Ice.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That game was only on Sportsnet Pacific and possibly Sportnet One's Flames channel for the west region, so on Bell only Sportsnet Pacific and was not available to anyone in the west region on Sportsnet or Centre Ice.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I watched the second Flames-Canucks game on the Canucks website. IIRC they are going to broadcast more of the Canucks exhibition games, so maybe the Oilers game is on there. You have to sign up for the web casts but it's painless and free for the exhibition games.

Why am I helping Oilers and Canuck fans anyways?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I talked to a "senior" person in Bell. What they told me is during the pre season we get only 1-2 games. But come the regular season if I am out of market for the games on the Sportsnet One alternate feed I will get them on CI even though Bell has no agreement with Rogers. Its CI that feeds us the service and Rogers can not block those games. Only TSN and CBC have national broadcasting rights.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Chicago-Tampa game is on the SD feed, but the HD channel for it is just blank. Did they forget to flip a switch?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was reading this thread and what I find really sad.... is that for the price
that customer pay for the NHL Center I would expect to see ALL the games.
Blackout or not... This is the NHL Center Channel.

Im an hockey fan, but I only start watching games in March/April.
And I find this sad to invest and not beeing able to watch all the games!

Bell is not responsable since this issue is the same for Rogers/Videotron/etc

The same would apply for MLB and NFL...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The black out are decided by the NHL, not by Bell (at least this is what they were telling their agents).

NHL Center Ice is a package that agents should describe as an out of your market package. If you only want to watch your local team this package is not for you!

Unfortunatly in the West some of the games of their local team (Flames-Oilers-Canuks) are not available on regular channels, and will be blacked out with Center Ice since it's their local market. Those game could be purchased as PPV. Bell offers the option to pay each game individually OR buy a PPV package that includes all games.

I left Bell (the job, I still suscribe to BellTV) in 2007, thing might have changed since...

41 - 60 of 121 Posts