Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
On Shaw. No games on Sportsnet One. RSN Ontario, TSN, WGN, CBC and RDS. Right now, not even LeafsTV's games are in the guide.

Tampa Bay plays Edmonton on the 23rd and the Oilers site says this.

The Canucks/Oilers play on the 22nd and neither site says anything regarding TV broadcaster.

SN1 has Baseball both nights

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anyone know if Centre Ice has preseason or if preseason games on Sportsnet regionals are blacked out in other markets?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
@Oilking: I have a DVD recorder & a BellTV 9242. I have RCA (white-yellow-red) câble from my 9242 to the in of my DVD recorder, than another RCA cable going from the out of my DVD recorder to the IN of my TV. My DVD recorder is set at channel L1. I can record all types of show,including PPV.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunate for me, the 9241 has HD Copy Protection so I can record HD TV but its not in full screen like it was before Shaw did the same thing. It will record but in wide screen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
But my DVD player use to upcovert the signal so I could watch in HD through my recorder. Its the recording in wide screen that drives me crazy. I wish it was still full screen without HD obviously but its nice to re watch in full screen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also tried to plug it in just through composite cables with no HDMI cable and that still wont give me my HD signal in full screen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As for the first issue I have figured that one out. The next issue does anyone know where/when or how I can find the NHL Center Ice Broadcasting Schedule? I am confidante the information DSgamby gave me but I am still worried about Sportsnet One as Bell can't give me any answers on how those games will effect Center Ice. The keep telling me they will know when that schedule gets released, so does anyone know when it will?

·
Registered
28 Posts
To clarify Sportsnet one will be regional for hockey and even though bell does not carry that channel I can still view the Sportsnet One games in CI?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The question is will they pick up the preseason games or show the regional games in market, ex, I live in Saskatchewan so will I see the Oilers/Flames games on Sportsnet One on Centre Ice, or because a "local" market station is carrying the game will I get blacked out, even though I have no access to the broadcast.

I can also see for these games on Sportsnet One that if Bell doesn't carry the channel yet, then the opposing teams feed will be shown on Centre Ice, not the Sportsnet feed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know the Oilers Canucks game is on Sportsnet One on Wednesday and I live out of market so in theory I should be able to watch it on Center Ice. But as of right now it is not coming up on Center Ice.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I really wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers/Canucks game Wednesday is not on Centre Ice. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Bell not carry a Sportsnet One feed until the have an agreement with the channel. If Sportsnet One is still not available when the regular season begins, I would expect to see any game the Sportsnet One shows carried by the American provider on Bell. For example, Florida plays in Edmonton early in the season on SN1, expect to see the Fox Florida feed for the game is SN1 still isn't available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That should not effect it though because Bell has no say in what Center Ice channels or games are on. Bell pays the NHL to feed them the service and whatever the NHL deems necessary to blackout they will. But we also dont get the option to subscribe to the say FSN-Flordia for games we just get them right so we should just get the Sportsnet One games.

21 - 40 of 121 Posts