Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the letter in the mail yesterday and the early bird price for Centre Ice this year is 4 payments of $51.95. Not sure why it is so high this year. After Oct, the price goes to 4 payments of $54.95. In a few weeks we should start seeing preseason games on the Centre Ice channels. Just wish they would now add another 2 HD channels for a total of 8. With the MSG issue being resolved late last year, and what seems to be a Comcast issue as well, it would be nice to have all games in HD this year, as most teams are broadcasting all games in HD.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or they can just open up WGN HD to anyone that subscribes to Centre Ice, like they did with RDS, and say the game is available on there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had Centre Ice last year. Do you have to order it every year or will they asume you want it this year unless you tell them no.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I had Centre Ice last year. Do you have to order it every year or will they asume you want it this year unless you tell them no.
If you had Centre Ice last year, you will receive (should have received already) a letter stating the new price with any new features and it also mentions that if you do not call to cancel, you will continue to receive the package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DVD Recorder

I am switching back to bell after 3 horrible NHL Center Ice seasons with Shaw. My big issue with Shaw is there new HD PVRs as they all have HD Protection so you can no longer use your DVD Recorder. I live off my DVD Recorder, and I was wondering if the 9241 has that same protection as I bought all new Bell equipment hoping they dont. Future Shop tells me I can record, some Bell agents say I can others say its not allowed. I record a lot of hockey games and was wondering if anyone knows if I can record with my DVD Recorder.

Thanks,
A

·
Registered
294 Posts
How did you have your DVD recorder plugged into your Shaw box?
If using composite or RCA there should be nothing stopping you on the Bell box from recording. Not HD, but then again neither is DVD.

With the 9241 you could also plug in external hard-drives and archive the hockey games in that way (including in HD), however you would only be able to play them back using your 9241 so it is not a permanent solution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my shaw box I have red white yellow composite cables with the HDMI going to the back of the TV. With the old Shaw boxes my DVD up converted the signal to HD. With the new Shaw boxes it will not let me record and the full screen picture I got before is now in wide screen and it is very bad resolution and it blocks me from recording. So I shouldnt have that issue with bell? What about taking recorded shows from the PVR onto my DVD recorder? Will allow me to do that as the new shaw box does not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
More random questioning. Does anyone know how Rogers Sportsnet One is going to affect Center Ice? As they are broadcasting a lot of games this year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How will that effect Leaf games? Because right now we dont get any Blue Jays game? Will those games just not be on, or will we be able to few the Leafs games from Sportsnet One on Center Ice? I dont care but I do have some leaf friends that a freaking out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a little concerned still as I had Bell installed today and the Oilers/Canucks game that is one Sportsnet One is not showing up in the guide. But the Hawks/Lightening game is. Does anyone know if Sportsnet One gets national broadcasting rights?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Sportsnet One is not a National Broadcaster for the NHL. CBC and TSN are.

It is regional broadcaster.

The only way to get the game is on CI. You need to check the CI channels to see if it is on. On my Shaw Guide. Nothing. You might need to click on each channel to see if it is there incase the guide doesn't have anything.

There are no games on Shaw tonight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its for the 23rd. Go to your guide for then to see what it shows, like I said mine shows Hawks/Lightening. And that is all but it says Oilers/Canucks are on Sportsnet One on both of there websites.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts