Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Searched the forums and couldn't find a solid answer. So I bought a new xbox and have one upstairs, one downstairs. We want to be able to use NETFLIX up and down. What's the best way to accomplish this without having to Recover the Gamertag every time?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the easiest way is to save your profile on a flash drive and take it from one to the other. At least, that's what I'll be doing unless there's a better way...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello

I have the exact same set up.

I found with netflix, it's the netflix account that matters, not the xbox live account. Netflix allows you to have up to six separate media players access the one account so you can have both xbox's access the media with the one live account. When you set up the new xbox, netflix will generate an access code that ties that xbox to your netflix account, it took me mere minutes to set both my xboxs up yesterday...

Go here: www.netflix.ca/activate

The live account on a stick is handy when you want to swap back and forth between consoles without having to recover your live account each time.

* After some thought, I realized that you still need to log on to your live gold account to access netflix, so therefore the single live account is still an issue (I have two gold accounts). In this case, the memory stick method is your best bet if you don't wish to keep waiting while you recover your live account each time I guess...sorry.

John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I have the USB stick solution in place. Although, if USB stick is in one box, and I am using the second box (same Live Account) rack up some acheivements...etc...The first box Gamertag ID becomes inactive. I've set up a "gaming" tag that I'll use outside of live on box two...and swap sticks for Netflix on Live. Or just swap sticks anytime I want to use that Xbox Live Gamertag.

Confusing yes? Thank you Microsoft....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts