Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Optik TV installed last night ( 5 hours late ) and the installer told me that 2 "supervisors" were also going to be here. He didnt talk very much, I asked for a new wall jack behind my TV instead of the coax cable running along the carpet ( old Shaw jack ), he said no way to do it.
Supervisors show up, then take his truck for 15 minutes then come back.
They said they were from Calgary to supervise, seems odd to have 2 guys standing there while 1 guy is 5 hours behind, just found this very very odd.
Everything seems OK so far except all our recorded shows run for 10 seconds then freeze, 10 seconds then freeze ( HD and SD ).
Have to call them back I guess, wonder how many more will show up for this problem, lol.
The Installer seemed very nervous of them being there, does this sound normal?
PS: very nice and informative site you all have here "thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've had my supervisor, a new shadow or even just another tech occasionally join me on a job but never two supervisors. If it was a special day like NYE where we try to finish up early I could see three techs powering through a job.

Sounds strange but it doesn't sound like a cause for concern. It also doesn't really sound like the supervisors were very helpful. My managers have generally been pretty helpful and if they show up on a job to inspect they will lend a hand with fishing wires or any other tricky stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts