Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my setup, and here's what I want to do.

I have one 21 inch dish. There are two coaxial cables connected to the LNB. The LNB is attached to the 91 port. The 82 is empty. The two cables run into my house, directly into my two 3100 SD receivers, but I want to swap one for a 6131.

What exactly do I need (already have the 6131 waiting), and what extra parts might I need? Sorry in advance if this particular setup has been covered elsewhere...I couldn't find it!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'd say you need a new LNB for satellite 82, two short RG6 co-ax cables and a SW21 switch.

Connect one of the short rg6 cables to the 91 LNB and one to the 82 LNB. Connect these cables to the SW21 inputs and the long co-ax cable that you disconnected from the 91 LNB to the SW21 output and the other end to your new receiver.

There are diagrams in this forum. Go to the beginning of the SW21, SW34 etc. switches sticky thread.

Hopefully your dish is already properly aligned for the 82 satellite.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just get a Dish Pro PLUS Twin LNB, it has the switches built in, all you have to do is remove the the old lnb put the new one in (it occupies both orbital spots) attach cables run check switch and your good to go, assuming the 82 slot is correctly aligned.

Get them off ebay 12=30 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Providing the Dish is already Skewed, you can go for either of the above options.

The SW21 & LNBF route will only give 82 signals to the 6131 whereas the DishPro Plus LNBF will provide both receivers with 82 signals, making both ready for an HD receiver.

I would also suggest calling Bell TV, they will provide a Free Upgrade including all the parts required, they will use option 1 just as an FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts