Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2 Questions

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TorontoColin 
#1 ·
1. Local or long distance.....my Vir. Mob. cell has an Oakville # and if I am in Brampton would a call to 416 be local ? What about a call from Brampton to another Oakville exchange ? 2. Since Solo,Virgin M. and PC Mobile use the Bell Mobility network can a de-activated phone from one company be activated on anothers plan ? And if not then why ?

#2 ·
I'll answer the first question. Not totally clear on your scenario. So here are a few use cases:

1. If someone calls your phone, the long distance changes apply to them if required. If they call a "local" number (based on the phone number, not where the physical location of the phone), then there is no long distance charge. Note - you may incur roaming charges.

2. If you make a call from your cell phone, a long distance charge will apply if the number you are calling is not local to where the phone is physically. If you travel to Vancouver, you can make a "local" call to a Vancouver number, but it will be long distance to your "home" area.

#3 ·
To clarify Larry's post,

1. If someone calls your phone, the long distance changes apply to them if required. If they call a "local" number (Winnipeg->Winnipeg), then there is no long distance charge. If you're away from your "home" area with your phone when you answer, long distance charges do apply (to you).

2. If you make a call from your cell phone, a long distance charge will apply if the number you are calling is not local to where the phone is physically. If you travel to Vancouver, you can make a "local" call to any Vancouver number.

To answer your second question, they don't allow these "moves", yet.

-gmd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.