Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I think I'll just leave this here.

About two months ago I picked up a netgear WNDR3700 dual band router. Last week I got my laptop with n capabilities built into it, but am rock solid at 65 mbps and can't get any faster despite my best efforts. I realize that I can only utilize the 2.4 band, but I was expecting 130 mbps.

Any thoughts? My 2.4 max speed is set to be 300 mbps at the router.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may want to check your wireless encryption. Some methods won't allow the router to work at maximum speed for 802.11n.

On my WNDR3700, I'm using WPA2-PSK (AES).

I also presume you are referring to the speed Windows reports, rather than the actual bandwidth (since even with 802.11n, you won't get anywhere near 130mbps speeds).
I am using WPA2-PSK (AES) as well and I'm no farther than 10 feet away from the router at any one time. The computer in question is a Dell Vostro 3500 with a Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card and am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I've tweaked the settings on the card to no avail.

The funny thing is I have a small wireless environment scanning applet built in and my network is shown as running 130 mbps. By the way, I got my 65 mbps result from the icon in the systray.

Thanks for all the replies folks - this forum never ceases to amaze me. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.