Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out. My 4 year old was punching random buttons on the remote and now I seem to have lost some information.

If I press the input button I only have (AV, HDMI, PC) available to toggle between. AV is hooked up to Bell and HDMI to DVD Player. Also if I put on a DVD for her to watch, I need to hit the "TV" button and turn the TV off to allow it to get back to "AV"

If I press the TV menu button (Lock, Audio, Setting, Timer, Picture) shows up. I am missing the 'Channel menu" I need this to be able to toggle between Cable / Air when I take my TV to the cottage.

Any idea how to fix these problems. Viewsonic support said the would get back to me yesterday, but did not.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If your manual can't tell you then probably the easiest thing is best to go into the setup menu and reset everything back to the factory defaults.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Hugh,

I did go into the setting menu (OSD) and select the reset default setting but it did not work. Is there another reset through the service menu itself? If yes, how do I get into the menu and where would the reset be?

Thanks,

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I have no idea. I know nothing about Viewsonic television menu settings.

Defaulting to the factory settings is just standard practice with any type of television when resolving issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts