Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Thread will feature channels and specials on 181.FM Free Internet Radio. Those of you who do not enjoy commercials may not enjoy these channels, but the ads are few and far between. I don't mind the odd commercial as long as the service is free. Someone has to pay for it. Right? Today I'll feature the Beatles Channel.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Because the medium doesn't traverse radio waves, the subject of this thread should be renamed something like Music available over the internet, compiled for your computer by other computers.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Or you can realize that new technology often adapts and modifies existing, analogous terms. Or are you staring at a piece of wood when you're looking at your OS's desktop?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because the medium doesn't traverse radio waves, the subject of this thread should be renamed something like Music available over the internet, compiled for your computer by other computers.
Actually, the name of the Forum is "AM/ FM, Internet Radio and Music Industry"
Note the "Internet Radio" title.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
By definition it is not Radio.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Of course it is, just because you aren't listening to it by over the air, it is still broadcast radio, subject to all the rules of over the air broadcast in it's area, you just are using a different method to pick it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a internet station called "radio-eurodance-classic" that runs on my YAMAHA reciever, commercial free.
They play good 90's style eurodance music.

On YAMAHA there are some internet stations that play eurodance music from Germany. I use my internet radio a lot to bypass geoblocks and listen to stuff from other places like Australia.

Great station from England called rinse.fm , plays great music, almost no commercials.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts