64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tx....

even with one of those fancy brackets..not the Y but one of these
hxxp://www.satpro.tv/ProductImages/plateB_3.jpg

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The 18" Dish only has 1 focal point so while it might work it will most certainly suffer more rainfade etc than a correctly shaped 20" (51cm) Dish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
won't work, the extra 6 or so inches the bracket adds to the length of the arm throws the lnb out of the focal point of the dish, have a friend that searched hi and lo for his signal and called me to help him, i couldn't find it either till i realised he had this setup on his 18" dish, once i removed the y bracket the signal came right in

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The item in the link in post #3 will work but not very well for the reasons I pointed out earlier.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
A used 20" dish would be a better bet. Try Kijiji or eBay.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No problem, ScaryBob has the best answer........

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't add "Y" Yolk to 18" Dish

If you add a "Y" yolk to 18" dish or any dish your LNB's will no longer be in the "Focus" of the dish. If you mount one LNB normally, then attached the second to the side of that LNB with a slight offset 1/2"- 3/4" up or down depending on location to effectively give a skew to the LNB/Dish setup as I believe there is no built in skewing adjustment on an 18" dish.
If the above does not make any sense to you then it would be a wise investment to get a second dish for the 82 LNB, or a proper 91/82 dish.
(Bracket mentioned above is the type to use, but it won't work very well if you have "D" style LNB's)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts