Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has actually gone the route of paying for 170/30 service and what your experience has been. Additionally - did they allow you to have IPTV service as well?

I have an open inquiry with Bell Aliant about this but what they say does not always jive with the real world.

·
Banned
41 Posts
from what i have seen the fiberOP footprint is designed to handle about 175-180 down (at the moment) so you could prolly get like 1 SD box but HD would be pushing it. what use would anyone have for 170/30 anyways les your inquiring for your office or something as 75/15 is ungodly fast for home use. not to mention the $150 dollar price leap. maybe i am wrong as my numbers are from a few months ago but can't see ya getting more than 1 reciver.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if they are deploying BPON the technology itself supports much greater bandwidth then the 175-180 you mention, theoretical is 655, and for something like IPTV since it's within their network the only connection that matters is to the house so IPTV on top of it seems like it would work fine.

Personally I have no intention of buying 170/30 service but I was curious if someone had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts