Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Global will broadcasting the 104th Annual Santa Claus Parade nationwide.

Broadcast times:

• ON, QC, MB, SK, AB - Sunday, November 16th, 4 - 5:30 p.m. local
  • BC & Atlantic Canada - Sunday, November 23rd, 4 - 5:30 p.m. local

The complete Parade broadcast will also be available on the Global TV website beginning Monday, November 17th.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Because you wanted to know!

The 2008 Santa Claus Parade will begin at 12:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 16.

The first Santa Claus parad took place on December 2, 1905 as a publicity stunt to hearald Santa's arrival at the Eaton's sore in downtown Toronto. Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Eaton met Santa at the station and walked him to the Eaton's store as a few hundred people watched from the street.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
And I'm positive this isn't the 104'th time it's seen on TV....unless they did radio broadcasts which would be very disappointing.... :eek:

·
Banned
844 Posts
Typical Global crap, why can't the air the entire parade (I believe this is a special and not the entire parade?!) and here's a novel idea- AIR IT LIVE!! How much would it cost to provide a live broadcast of the thing?!

As mentioned above the parade starts at 12:30pm NOT 4pm :rolleyes:

James99 I am assuming you are being sarcastic but in case you really don't know, this is the Toronto Santa Claus Parade.

·
Banned
310 Posts
Why is Global broadcasting Toronto's parade nationwide?

Is it the de facto "National Parade" or is it typical Toronto arrogance?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Back in the 70s one of the US networks (CBS?) would broadcast snippets of it on Thanksgiving against the Macy's parade on NBC.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It was also carried in the United States by CBS for many years as part of its All American Thanksgiving Day Parade coverage, since it coincided with American Thanksgiving.
According Wikipedia, which a link is provided in one of my previous posts, it was in fact CBS. I can't imagine it did very well.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have read in the past that the Toronto Santa Claus parade is also the busiest day in Toronto for the "Oldest Profession In The World".... It would seem that the Husband drops off the wife and kids to watch the parade and goes for his own version of fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have read in the past that the Toronto Santa Claus parade is also the busiest day in Toronto for the "Oldest Profession In The World".... It would seem that the Husband drops off the wife and kids to watch the parade and goes for his own version of fun.
HO HO HO!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts