Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been addressed before, but my yearly sub is up Dec 14th 2010, but I originally started in Jan 10 2010. I knew a 'year' wasn't always a year to the date but a whole month? Did Sirius screw something up here or is that just how it is?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have a lifetime sub and this is my 2nd sub on my Stiletto. The Stiletto was an x-mas gift last year and I activated it on Jan 10/10 according to my billing history:

1/10/10 Event for Account Adjustment -5.00 0.00 0.00 -5.00
1/10/10 Credit Card Payment -144.10 0.00 0.00 0.00
1/10/10 3******6 0**********0 Activation Fee - 19.99 0.42 0.00 0.04 1/10/10 144.10
1/10/10 3******6 0**********0 Activation Fee - 19.99 19.57 0.00 1.96 1/10/10 143.64
1/10/10 3******6 0**********0 SIRIUS Everything - 1 Year Service 111.01 0.00 11.10 1/10/10 122.11

Then on my account page it shows:

ESN: 0**********0
Package: SIRIUS Everything (1 Year)
Start Date: 1/10/2010
Renewal Date: 12/14/2010

So how can that be a year??

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say your first lifetime was bought on the 14th of the month. Looking at those prices, it looks like you weren't charged for the full price for that second radio, but rather it was charged less, by just under a month ($111.01 instead of $119.88, based on their $9.99 for a second radio price.) So it looks like you never paid a full year in the first place.

I know looking at my account, if you add second or third radios they bill on the same date as when you added the first one, so it could be linked to that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Issue resolved, I guess whoever charged for my year when I called in Dec, only charged me $111.00 so it was not fully a year, thus my early expiry date. I made a complaint and issue was resolved, I was credited $7.50 (or 3 weeks) to make my sub a full year. So I am happy. And to answer my question, rep did tell me a year should always be a year. Aug 15th goes to Aug 15th next year

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Arrg! I just got burned by this sneaky practice. I hate Sirius.

Most recently I bought a 6 month subscription but it stopped working over a month before the end date. At first I figured 'Time sure flies, that subscription is already done!'.

But then I checked my records (since Sirius never puts anything in writing or sends out billing or transaction records!) That's how I discovered the subscription ended early.

When I called to figure out what had happened I learned that the rep who originally gave me the 'special deal' had canceled last year's subscription early and used the cash value of the remaining time to pay down the cost of the 6 month subscription when he quoted it. So the price I was quote for 6 months was really the price for 4.5 months. That's slimy.

I paid for 12 months and got a little over 10 months of service. Did I mention I hate Sirius radio?

As a business practice it's disrespectful of the customers. I suppose as long as they fool a few people, the ill-gotten profits more than make up for ones such as myself who tell them to go stuff it.

If I were running Sirius, I'd build it to exceed customer expectations.

Remember the old concept of a bakers dozen? Our butcher throws in a few extras when we get a half-side, our auto repair gives the vehicle a quick free wash when you go for an oil change. These are the little inexpensive nice touches that make customers feel like they're getting special treatment. It keeps them loyal and costs very little.

In the case of Sirius radio, doing a little extra wouldn't even cost them anything as their service doesn't have tangible incremental costs.

Instead of making good use of a key advantage unique to their business, they go the other way and actually reduce customers subscriptions to be shorter than promised. It's dumb, it's crooked, and it's just another reason I hate Sirius.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bad Customer Service

Called Sirius a couple of weeks ago to transfer the subscription to my new car, The rep told me that it would be $40 (what rip off!!), I said no thank you I think I'll cancel my subscription. After arguing with the rep we finally agreed on $20, I get my credit card bill yesterday and guess what? $45.20 charge from Sirius.

Called Customer Service and after being on hold for at least 20 minutes, the rep says they have no record of it!! After more arguing she decided to credit my card $20 what a bunch of crooks!!:mad:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yup they played around a lot on my credit card, charge me the agreed amount, then 2 months later refunded most of it, then starting charging more, Very Very slimy indeed.
Never experienced anything like that in all my years of using CCard.
took over a week to respond to any email, then they said to phone, and got the runaround, we have no record on file, WTF just punch in my CC number, some info should pop up about my account name, adress.
esponse Cannot find the info, Screw them Bad, Very Bad practice, like crooks!!:eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had something similar happen to me a few years ago -my original activation date was an early January date. When my first yearly subscription was nearing the end, I received an offer in the mail, which seemed like a good deal (I didn't realize at that time that you can "negotiate" on a yearly rate).
I renewed right after receiving the "deal" in the mail (which was a December 6). When my subscription came up for the next year, I noticed that I had lost a month, with the letter stating that my subscription ended on December 6. They had renewed my yearly subscription beginning the day I phoned in to re-new, not the January date the subscription was actually supposed to end on; therefore I had lost a month.
Now I phone Sirius the day that my subscription is ending and "negotiate", and haven't had any problems since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts