Smartphones and Tablets account for almost 7% of U.S. Web traffic

A report out today from comScore has found that computers accounted for 93.2 percent of web traffic in the U.S. during August. Approximately two-thirds of the remaining 6.8 percent of traffic was sent or received from mobile phones with tablets accounting for much of the remainder.

The research firms says that increased WiFi availability and mobile broadband adoption in the country are behind the increasing share of internet traffic flowing to smartphones and tablets.

Smartphones now outsell feature phones in U.S.

Smartphones now outsell feature phones in the U.S according to a new report from research firm Nielsen.

Nielsen’s May survey of mobile consumers found among those respondents who purchased a new handset in the past three months, 55% bought a smartphone instead of a feature phone, up from 34 percent just a year ago.

U.S. mobile video viewership up 40%

The number of U.S. mobile subscribers watching video on their mobile devices rose more than 40 percent year-over-year in both the third and fourth quarters of 2010 according to a new report from The Nielsen Company.

The researchers found that nearly 25 million Americans watched an average of four hours and 20 minutes of mobile video per month in both the third and fourth quarter of 2010

HDTVs now in majority of U.S. Households

The majority of households in the United States now have high definition televisions according to Nielsen.

The research firm says 56% of American households now own an HDTV making High Definition television one of the most quickly adopted consumer entertainment technologies of the past 20 years.

Quarter of all U.S. households have Mobile Broadband access

Mobile broadband penetration now reaches one-quarter (25%) of all U.S. households; primarily with cell phones, Smartphones and other hand-held wireless devices according to a recent survey by research firm TNS.

Rather than replacing fixed line broadband (DSL and cable), the survey of 120,000 American households finds a significant overlap in the penetrations of fixed and mobile broadband technologies.

Average U.S. Home has almost three tv’s

New findings from the latest edition of Nielsen’s Television Audience Report The average American home now has 2.93 TV sets per household, up from 2.86 sets per home in 2009, the largest year-over-year increase since 2006.

Use of Broadband connections at home flat in U.S

In a national survey of Americans between November 30 and December 27, 2009, the Pew Internet & American Life project has found that 60% of American adults use broadband connections at home, a drop from 63% in April 2009.

These latest figures add to a long term picture in Pew Internet Project data that there has been little significant growth in the overall internet user population since 2006.