Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Shaw Direct Satellite (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-satellite/)
-   -   SC's response on MLB "extra innings" (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-satellite/59767-scs-response-mlb-extra-innings.html)

stephimoe 2007-03-01 01:24 PM

SC's response on MLB "extra innings"

My question:
Quote:

Hello, Will Star Choice be carrying the Major League Baseball package "extra innings" this year? If so what is the price? I would like to sub to it. Thanks.
SC response:
Quote:

Unfortunately we are not sure at this time if we will be adding this package to our programming line up. We’ve sent a channel request, detailing your suggestions, to our programming department. When we increase our channel line up, we’ll use the information received from you to help make our choices.

Star Choice was the first satellite TV provider to broadcast from two satellites. This allows us to offer the largest channel line up in Canada . However, satellite broadcast space is always at a premium. We strive to balance the demands of our customers with the technology to provide the best TV viewing experience.
Looks like a "no", for this year anyways. Just sharing the info, take it easy:)

Steph

JohnJoshs 2007-03-01 02:09 PM

wow;

i was checking out the starchoice pricing and it seems great compared to cogecos (and no global HD thank god)

But i can't go without my MLB!

Cogeco it is for another year or so

Hi Fi 2007-03-02 08:23 AM

Too bad. I would also really like to subscribe toMLB Extra Innings.

bigoranget 2007-03-08 09:52 AM

Judging by the fact that all the PPV channels on Anik F2 are being removed for the spring and summer, my guess it MLB Extra Innings and any other sports package is a no go until September when NFL Sunday Ticket returns.

mt99808 2008-01-21 11:22 AM

Bump.

Anybody have any new information on this for the 2008 season? I'm really looking to ditch COGECO but I can't live without Extra Innings.

magnet 2008-01-21 12:28 PM

31 Attachment(s)
I would keep Cogeco then. Starchoice moves at glacial speed when it comes to new channel offerings. Financially, I don't think they could make as much money with MLB EI as they would if they chose to have those channels as PPV.

starchoice 2008-01-21 03:32 PM

Glacial Speed

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnet (Post 680875)
Starchoice moves at glacial speed when it comes to new channel offerings.

Actually, with the onset of global warming, glaciers are receding at a quicker pace so I think the correct staement is that SC is moving at slower than glacial speed.

mt99808 2008-01-21 07:32 PM

Sent an email to Starchoice today and this was the response:

We appreciate your feedback in regards to channel selection. A channel suggestion for MLB Extra innings has been forwarded to our marketing team on your behalf. Special attention is paid to channels in high demand. Star Choice continues to grow and remains committed to increasing channel variety. Although currently there isn’t a set release date, hopefully in the future we will able to include this channel.

Obviously this person has no idea what the extra innings package is. Hopefully in the future they'll include "this channel" ... like wtf.

a1g77luvvy 2008-01-23 06:36 AM

there over 100 jays games on sportsnet + they have 30 red sox games so the mlb package is no big deal imo.

mt99808 2008-01-23 10:59 PM

May be no big deal to you but it is a huge deal to some people.

lars 2008-01-24 12:36 AM

I want to drop ExpressVu and switch to Star Choice. The biggest issue for me is no MLB Extra Innings on Star Choice.

mt99808 2008-01-24 01:51 PM

I am starting to give up hope. I can't believe they'd add Nascar before Extra Innings.

Hi XXXX

This is Jim Cummins, VP Operations

We certainly have added allot of HD this year and this will continue to keep our largest free HD package in Canada. We will also launch Speed HD , Wild TV and Nascar Pit row package in Feb. This is just the start as we will continue to add more features to the guide as we launch Interactive TV in April. Regarding Baseball. We are looking at it but so far have not been able to make a deal. We are staying on it. This baseball package takes up allot of space so its a difficult one to plan as we also have NFL and Center Ice packages to all fit in. We have many things coming so I promises you I will stay on this one

Regards

jim

stephimoe 2008-02-03 01:51 PM

The response I received this year:

"Currently we do not have this package as a part of our programming lineup. However as support for certain programming grows, we are more likely to get it, as we have just recently done with Center Ice. A suggestion for MLB Extra Innings package has been sent to our marketing department on your behalf.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Please also include all previous emails with your replies.

Thank you for choosing Star Choice".

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO say the fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

crazycanuck 2008-02-12 11:50 PM

No MLB Extra Innings

I asked the same thing through "ask Jim" and was told they didn't know if it was available in Canada yet... :confused: ?!?

mt99808 2008-02-13 11:28 AM

I can't believe they added Nascar before Extra Innings.