Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   MTS (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/193-mts/)
-   -   Will mts tv offer nfl sunday ticket WWE events (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/193-mts/28728-will-mts-tv-offer-nfl-sunday-ticket-wwe-events.html)

Mixar69 2005-08-09 05:05 PM

Will mts tv offer nfl sunday ticket WWE events

Hey just wondering if anybody knows if mts tv is going to offer things like NFL sunday ticket, WWE Events, UFC events and any other types of events.

markb 2005-08-10 02:30 PM

If it's anything like Sasktel Max, then no you won't see NFL Sunday Ticket, WWE PPV events, UFC, or even HD for that matter. The main reasons I will never subscribe to Sasktel Max, NO HD, NO WWE PPV, NO NHL CENTRE ICE.

DIGITAL DUDE 00 2006-05-05 02:44 AM

Mts Will Provide Ppv In Future As Well As Hd Nfl Sunday And Nhl Centre Ice

I spoke to an mts customer service rep a few days ago and they informed me that mts is hurting in revenue and costumers are moving back to shaw due to the fact that mts does not have ppv. The Customer Service Rep told me that mts is looking at getting there ppv service outside of the province from sasktel as shaw will not give the ppv service to them at fair cost! (makes sense) Mts also has an hd ready box in there offices right now which they are testing. They say it looks good, They are also going to be getting a new guide instead of the voring grmstar one they have now. SO HANG ON TO YOUR SEATS FOLKS CAUSE YOUR GOING TO BE BLOWN AWAY (SO I AM TOLD BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS) LASTLY, MTS SAYS HD IN ABOUT THREE MONTHS OR SOONER AND PPV NFL SUNDAY TICKET AND NHL CENTRE ICE FOLLOWING SOON AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shawguy 2006-05-05 12:08 PM

Good To hear Digital Dude, hopefully it turns out to be true, I think the only way Shaw is going to smarten up and offer us more is when MTS is at par for all services and beyond.

Welcome to the Forums, but please note one of the general rules;
Quote:

Annoying posts – Annoying posts such as those consisting of all uppercase letters or containing an excessive number or smilies, icons, oversized fonts, excessive quoting will be subject to deletion without warning.
More can be found here Rules Of The Forums

Shawguy

canada45 2006-05-06 02:37 PM

Digital Dude, welcome but I think you have been feed a bunch of B.S. Time will tell, MTS is one of the slowest moving companies in the world!!!!!!!!!!! HD maybe by the end of 2006, any earlier I would be totally shocked.

Mixar69 2006-05-11 03:43 AM

Thanks for the long waited reply but I switched back to Shaw about 7 months ago because I wanted to put my cable and phone on one bill and also for that reason them not offering PPV or NFL Sunday Ticket but now I am probably moving to Calgary in September so there is no point in switching back. They should have offered PPV and NFL Sunday ticket since the beginning or even HD.

P.S. I think when I'm in Calgary I’ll inquire about Telus TV.

wuvhandles 2006-08-21 02:25 PM

Hey digital due, it's been 3 months and I'm not blown away :rolleyes:
if mts and sasktel's hdtv is as crapy as their regular tv (when it first came out) and still is in some areas today, then they wont have much for competition :(

bigoranget 2006-08-21 06:04 PM

Doesn't MTS have Video On Demand?

Derfel 2006-08-22 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigoranget
Doesn't MTS have Video On Demand?

Yeah, but selection isn't the greatest right now. Of course, they claim to be working on that, but with all of the stuff they say they are "working on", I can't see it improving that soon.