Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Smartphone and Tablet Computing including Android, Blackberry and iOS devices (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/)
-   -   Android Messenger (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/285283-android-messenger.html)

Camera.Ken 2018-08-13 04:39 PM

Android Messenger

Hi:

I cannot download a photo attachment sent to me via Android Messenger. Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

The phone is a Moto E (2nd Gen) on PetroCan Mobility (Rogers). Data use is enabled for PetroCan via their web site. Phone setting for cellular data is ON.

Any help gratefully received.

ExDilbert 2018-08-13 04:50 PM

I find the data on PetroCan Mobility to be a bit slow and flaky. I use wifi or a USB cable to transfer files. Wifi may require the use of an SMB capable file manager.

Camera.Ken 2018-08-13 05:15 PM

Might Be a Different Problem

Hi:

The problem I'm having is with a message sent to me by a third party. It has an attachment (a photo), but Android Messenger won't download it -- the indicator icon just spins and spins.

ExDilbert 2018-08-13 10:07 PM

I thought the message and attachment were already on the phone. It's possible that the attachment is too big to be sent over MMS on the current plan. Another possibility is that it is so large it's taking an unusually long time to download.

Android Messenger should work over wifi. If you have wifi available, it's a good idea to enable and configure it to avoid using too much costly data on the wireless plan. That's especially true with PetroCan PAYGO since their data options tend to be expensive.

congo 2018-08-14 10:09 AM

Hi Ken

You don't mention if you are able to receive pictures from others. If you can then not sure what the issue may be. If you can't, then check the a settings under"Advanced" and ensure that Auto-download MMS is checked on. Normally yhis is switched off by default.

Hope this helps.

17671 2018-08-14 11:45 AM

the thing about Android Messenger, if its a "Chat" message, indicated by the Chat button, then the picture is transmitted via the RCS platform and NOT MMS. RCS is NOT Text or MMS, its a NEW texting platform. If you do not get the "Chat" indicator or message, then it will say "Send a Text Message/send a multimdia message" when you type a message to a friend, then you are using regular sms and mms. If thats the case, you need to configure your MMS Settings, maybe you have triggered something and its preventing you from sending and receiving?