Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Wind Mobile (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/209-wind-mobile/)
-   -   Freedom/ Wind Mobile questions (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/209-wind-mobile/281538-freedom-wind-mobile-questions.html)

north49 2018-02-03 04:36 PM

Freedom/ Wind Mobile questions

I recently signed up for Freedoms $25 plan which includes 250 outgoing minutes. On my phone I have the option to dial "00021" to get the latest voicemail message or dial a 647 area code. Would anyone know if dialing either of those #s counts towards the 250 minutes or not? Also does dialing a 1-800 number count? If I chose to disable voice mail in the future can this be done and if so how?
Thanks.

57 2018-02-03 05:13 PM

1-800 numbers are generally charged as a local call. See:

Solved: Re: Pay as you go - Toll fee number beeing charge... - Rogers Community

There are some specialized 1-800 numbers where there can be additional charges. Just because something starts with 1-8, it doesn't mean you cannot be charged, but generally it's a local call.

I don't know about VM, however, when I started with Rogers, it was charged (both incoming and retrieving) so I disabled VM with my Rogers PAYGo. It probably depends on the plan and provider, so someone else will need to answer that for you, or you can contact the provider.

17671 2018-02-05 09:37 AM

I can not comment specifically about Freedom Mobile (formerly known as Wind Mobile) But on any other provider I've used, making a call to check your voice mail uses local air time, so if you have a bucket of minutes, it will be taken from your minutes. Toll Free numbers are NOT charged long distacne, and can be used to check your voice mail from anywhere in canada, but also use air time minutes, unless otherwise specified by your local mobile provider, so you must read the fine print to see if they waive the airtime charges for voice mail, highly unlikely, but its always a good idea to check just in case.

JamesK 2018-02-05 02:39 PM

Quote:

I don't know about VM, however, when I started with Rogers, it was charged (both incoming and retrieving) so I disabled VM with my Rogers PAYGo.
I'm on Rogers for both cell and home phones. I have my cell phone configured so that unanswered calls forward to my home number and it's voice mail. When someone leaves a voice mail, I receive a text that contains the message. I can also play an audio recording or call the number.