Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Smartphone and Tablet Computing including Android, Blackberry and iOS devices (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/)
-   -   Apps on LG4 that play music/ videos even after locking a phone (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/280481-apps-lg4-play-music-videos-even-after-locking-phone.html)

PandaTech 2018-01-04 06:09 AM

Apps on LG4 that play music/ videos even after locking a phone

Hey, anyone knows any app so when i lock my phone, it would still play videos from youtube?

BGY11 2018-01-04 07:52 AM

Unless you're rooted, probably not....in Canada. Google offers YouTube Red along with their Play Music subscriptions in the US that offers background playback, but they never brought the feature to Canada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17671 2018-01-04 11:04 AM

you forgot a letter G, its called LG "G"4 I have the LG "G"3 and tho u tube stops working when the fone is locked, Tune In, i heart radio, the bell media radio app, lg music player, etc still works. if you locked your screen that measn u dont need video so just audio so why are u using youtube? youtube is a video app, if u want audio use tunein, or iheart radio or even spotifty

BGY11 2018-01-04 11:55 AM

Wow.... You criticize the OP for missing a G and then you post a poorly-spelled commentary of your own? Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ExDilbert 2018-01-04 12:11 PM

Spotify keeps playing when the G4 locks. At least it does when using a bluetooth connected speaker or soundbar. As a bonus, soundbar buttons like play, pause and skip control the Spotify app while the phone is locked. It can also be controlled by Spotify running on other devices.

TKG26 2018-01-15 01:22 PM

This maybe worth looking at.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01...oid-auto-unit/

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TKG26 2018-01-15 01:23 PM

I have often wanted to listen to YouTube in the car. For say a interview video or music where u don't really need to watch the screen

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

17671 2018-06-19 03:46 PM

The only apps I know that continue to play in the background when the screen is locked are "Audio Only" apps such as Spotify, Google Play Music, Tidal, TunedIn, and any of those apps from Radio Station owners such as Rogers Radio, Bell Media, Corus Entertainment, Newcap Radio, etc. which are Audio Only. It is very unlikely video apps will continue to play the audio portion only when a phone gets locked, so there is no point trying to circumvent this.

Dr.Dave 2018-06-19 08:28 PM

I downloaded VLC to play videos on my tablet a couple of years ago. It continues to play audio when I switch to a different app in the foreground or power the screen off to prevent me from accidentally touching it and causing some unwanted action.

Under preferences, the choices are Stop, Play videos in background, Play videos in picture-in-picture mode.

My default Samsung video player also has a setting to allow you to play audio in the background.

I only use them to play videos I've downloaded from my PC, but I think you could probably configure VLC to play YouTube.

Since someone mentioned YouTube Red, it has been rebranded as YouTube Premium and just launched in Canada.

17671 2019-01-18 01:32 PM

the new Youtube Music app (formerly youtube red) lets you play music while having the screen lock or standby screen active, its a FREE app and I believe youtube will eventually phase out its original app and force us onto this version in the not so distant future. remember youtbe is not just for videos anymore, it has become a new streaming service to compete with spotifly and tidal and apple music