Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   SiriusXM Satellite Radio (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/87-siriusxm-satellite-radio/)
-   -   SiriusXM Free Previews (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/87-siriusxm-satellite-radio/217233-siriusxm-free-previews.html)

NovaMan 2014-08-23 06:07 PM

SiriusXM Free Previews

Another free preview is scheduled for August 26th until September 8th.

http://www.siriusxm.com/sxmlp314?sxmlpId=listen5

60 channels FREE for 2 weeks.

17671 2014-08-24 09:14 AM

nice, im going to dust off the Sirius XM radio on tuesday and listen in.

NovaMan 2014-08-26 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo (Post 2243081)
nice, im going to dust off the Sirius XM radio on tuesday and listen in.

Yes, I'll dust off the second one that I keep in the garage.. Might get some chores done out there this week. :-)

99semaj 2014-08-26 12:11 PM

I wonder if the looping content is changed since the last preview :rolleyes:

MarcP 2014-08-26 09:19 PM

Couldn't get my radio in my car to get on the free preview. Keeps saying that I need to subscribe. Is it working for anyone today?

HTGuy2 2014-08-26 11:04 PM

Yes working just fine for me. Prior to cancelling the service some time ago, I could set channels on XM1, 2 or 3. But today can only select channels on XM1.
Works for me - free is free!

NovaMan 2014-08-27 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcP (Post 2248073)
Couldn't get my radio in my car to get on the free preview. Keeps saying that I need to subscribe. Is it working for anyone today?

Working on my second radio in the garage, but it took about 30 minutes for it to come in.

MarcP 2014-08-27 11:14 PM

It's working for me as well now. They didn't turn on the channels I used to like (Hair Nation, Octane, etc). Those don't seem to be part of the free-view. Oh well...

Voodoocobra 2014-09-09 08:10 PM

I was expecting it to de-activate today since it was supposed to end on Sept. 8th.However it was working today to and from work.Maybe they forgot to de-active mine.LOL:)

kevinds 2014-09-10 11:33 PM

They get done in batches,

Your radio needs to be on when they send the activation/deactivation signal. Same reason it needs to be on for a bit to start working.

I picked up a used radio, for the amount I used it, was working almost a year before it got the deactivation

Macman 2014-09-11 05:29 PM

I have an old unit that I tried using after I cancelled years ago. I waited 3 months like someone told me, turned it on, and sure enough it worked. Not for long, maybe a couple weeks? I forget. I tried it a couple months ago again, and no dice. Will give it a try again soon.

I have a 2014 GM vehicle and let my free 3 months lapse. I had a problem with the electronics for a short time, where the backup camera stuck on. It cleared up, but after that, the SiriusXM started working again! It went in for repair, and they did an update on the radio system, and the SiriusXM stopped again. Oh well, not a big deal to me.

frostycold 2014-09-11 06:44 PM

I bought a 2008 Ford Fusion 2 years ago, and it's still working. I get the feeling the previous owner may have purchased one of those lifetime subs.

Voodoocobra 2014-09-11 07:52 PM

Yeah your right,worked all week but today it died.Was left with the free preview station which by the way is OK.Its better then listening to that boring French music.

MarcP 2014-09-12 12:54 AM

I had an old Starmate unit that I took offline for 6 months after deactivating, but it never got the kill code. When I put that Starmate back in action, it worked for 4 years with no problems until it physically started to die. The screen would go off and back on, sometimes the unit would never come on then come to life magically... Until it fully died. I miss that Starmate. :)

John Koenig 2014-09-12 12:14 PM

If you had a Starmate, your problem was most likely (read with 99.9% certainty) caused by a loose power adapter which is ssssoo easy to fix. So if you can find it, consider opening that cheap plastic enclosure and practice a bit of soldering on the black power receptacle.