Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Cogeco (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/)
-   -   Cogeco TV Display Programming Guide (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/182738-cogeco-tv-display-programming-guide.html)

Jason_ 2013-08-30 06:40 PM

Cogeco TV Display Programming Guide

Hello,

I"m thinking possibly of swtiching to Cogeco. I knew quite some time ago the guide was very old and out of date? has it changed recently like other providers have? and if so could someone provide a link with a picture or pictures of the new tv guide.

Thanks

Jason

sailmaker 2013-08-31 11:01 AM

Do you mean the tv listings of programs in the coming days? Do you mean for Burlington, Windsor, Oakville? Please include where you live in your heading then we can help you more. For starters go to Google and type in cogeco tv guide and then pick where you are going to move to or where you now live. sailmaker:rolleyes:

Jason_ 2013-08-31 11:27 AM

Hello,

Thanks for responding. Yes, the programs in the present days (Channels), and future. I live in Belleville. I dont plan to move. I wasnt able to locate any such options through tv guide web site.

martins 2013-09-07 12:32 PM

Same old same old. :(

Jason_ 2013-09-07 01:07 PM

I ahven't had Cogeco in 10 years, and its still the same. My gosh..

------
When I was a kid, i was the remote controll.

bbailey861 2013-09-07 04:07 PM

I don't understand what the complaints are with Cogeco's program guide. I have family with Rogers and I have family with Bell and both of those are horrible horrible messes compared with Cogeco's guide. Be specific please. What exactly is wrong with the guide? Programming is easy to find, easy to read, and easy to record - what's the beef? (Now if you were complaining about the amount of HD Cogeco has - I'd be with you on that)

Jason_ 2013-09-07 04:23 PM

As a consumers we share the same ideas. And what they are is options and what the competitors provide us sa potential client when making a choice to lock into into a service. This being in my case Bell Tv.

I would recommend to anyone to do your research. It is by no means an entertained argument. But a choice that fits you and your family.

Jason

WojtekZ 2013-09-08 11:44 AM

Whats wrong with the guide ... everything ! The guide is antiquated, all you have is a listing by channel. The Netbox makes the guide so much more fun to explore. Lets not even get into the fact that Rogers has HD content available on demand [TV not just movies]. The fact that they have apps that let you control your PVR and do things like switch channels with your phone. As noted by others, the Cogeco guide has not changed in years. I have yet to be able to find a way of searching for a particular show in the guide rather than having to search by channel.

whi_tan 2013-09-08 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WojtekZ (Post 1784617)
I have yet to be able to find a way of searching for a particular show in the guide rather than having to search by channel.

You can search by title or by keyword. It is in the second 'Menu' menu. I do it all the time.

WojtekZ 2013-09-09 08:24 AM

I think whi_tan has illustrated my point, search is buried two menus deep, why is it not front and centre. I'll have to take a look and try to find it.

bbailey861 2013-09-09 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WojtekZ (Post 1785929)
I think whi_tan has illustrated my point, search is buried two menus deep, why is it not front and centre. I'll have to take a look and try to find it.

Funny, I have been searching by title for years. I think the only point whi_tan made was that the search capability does in fact exist in the Cogeco guide. The fact that you have been unable to find it is unfortunate. I prefer the Cogeco guide over Rogers - but prefer Rogers programming over that offered by Cogeco. I haven't checked it out yet, but commercials are showing that Shaw Direct now offers the most high def channels. I have no idea how their guide is.

Headrush69 2013-09-10 08:02 AM

Biggest complaint I have with Cogeco's receiver: 1) slow, 2) no simple option to only show subscribed channels.

You could go through every channel and add it as a favourite, but what a pain and what happens when stations change or are added.
(Plus you only get 1 favourite list, so you've wasted it on that)

When you tune into a station you don't get, takes several seconds before you see the unsubscribed message and receiver is locked up until that point.

PJStyles 2014-01-15 10:41 AM

When Will Cogeco Launch New Guide - Ugly as Sin

I cancelled my Cogeco service several months ago. Strictly using streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus but do miss some of the local live content such as local news and special broadcasts when they occur.

I'm reconsidering plugging the cord back in. I'd prefer to go with Cogeco since I'm quite pleased with my Teksavvy service for internet, but just can't seem to get over the fact their guide looks like something from 15-20 years ago.

I was at my brother's place the other day who has Bell Fibe TV and wow, what a difference. I realize people may think it's a small point to consider but I'm sorry, when you're looking at the guide as often as we do, I want it to look nice :)

Anyone know if Cogeco has any intentions at all of updating their Guide in the near future?

Dr.Dave 2014-01-15 11:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
PJStyles, if you like the Fibe TV guide and want to keep your existing internet provider, you should read this thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...77#post1810977

PJStyles 2014-01-15 09:35 PM

Thanks, will check it out.