Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   What's On Television? (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/29-whats-television/)
-   -   Big Brother Canada (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/29-whats-television/159762-big-brother-canada.html)

thenewdc 2013-02-14 08:07 PM

Big Brother Canada

Begins airing on February 27th. 3 nights/week, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, plus BB After Dark 2am-5am. Airing on Slice. 24 hour online feed will be Free.

thenewdc 2013-02-28 03:07 PM

I'm surprised nobody has posted in this thread yet. Are their no BB fans here. Well I watched BB Canada last night and it was entertaining, the house looked terrific, much nicer than the U.S. version, plus it was in HD on Global. Problem now is that it airs on Slice it won't be in HD since they don't offer an HD channel, too bad. The cast was very diverse and interesting.

PFD 2013-02-28 03:15 PM

yeah, that was my beef with it. It's not going to be in HD.

dsspredator 2013-02-28 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewdc (Post 1490218)
Problem now is that it airs on Slice it won't be in HD since they don't offer an HD channel, too bad. The cast was very diverse and interesting.

If Shaw was smart, they would replay in HD on Global sometime overnight.
I think people would PVR that.

CastleRockDays 2013-02-28 08:46 PM

Yeah I agree about the Slice not in HD issue. The house looks very nice! But I'm surprised they didn't censor all the swearing. :o

AFF 2013-02-28 09:27 PM

Yeah, major fail. We won't be watching it since there is no HD. Our household doesn't watch SD at all. None.

jayoldschool 2013-03-01 12:08 AM

I'm not watching because the commercial is so annoying. Instant channel change.

jeffaustin90 2013-03-01 12:05 PM

It's funny, the US version is shot using SD cameras but shown on HD stations, while the Canadian version is shot using HD cameras but shown on an SD network.

meshmellow 2013-03-01 05:56 PM

It's impossible to use the series setting for PVRing, since the episodes are not labelled as "New" or "Repeat" in the Guide. I haven't figured out yet when the new episodes first air in my timezone.

Lindsay649 2013-03-01 06:05 PM

Despite the continual screaming and feigned excitement of the house guests....it is done well. The house is way better than the CBS version and is very classy. The premier, in HD, on Global network was highly professional. Too bad Slice is not broadcast in HD but would expect that to happen sooner than later as Shaw ramps up its speciality channels. Overall the production company must be given credit for a interesting, although predictable, program. Slice in SD it still looks pretty good.

thenewdc 2013-03-01 06:25 PM

Had a chance to watch the live video feeds today. I have my computer hooked up to my 46" Tv. The PQ in full-screen was excellent and their was no re-buffering at all so far. I wouldn't call it HD but high quality SD for sure, close to HD.

BKman74 2013-03-01 09:14 PM

Contestants

Some of the memorable contestants right now on this show are Aneal who tried to sabotage Gary by sprinking glitter all over the house yet failed to anger anybody into wanting to put Gary up on the block, Gary the gay guy who I find funny and interesting and has his own glitter which annoys people, Peter only cause he's from my city of Surrey, BC who is the quietest in the house yet during his interview in episode 1 seemed like a villain for this show who hates people as he says so who knows what his plans are, and Suzette who plans to become Canada's sweetheart. Also Alec and Topaz are in a relationship together since episode 2. Though who knows if they make it to the end of the show and one of them stabs the other in the back? I don't know. These are just my opinions about the houseguests.

jeffaustin90 2013-03-02 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshmellow
It's impossible to use the series setting for PVRing, since the episodes are not labelled as "New" or "Repeat" in the Guide. I haven't figured out yet when the new episodes first air in my timezone.

I had the same problem. I set my DVR to program it, and all of a sudden it's plagued with tons of repeats. For point of reference, the show's new episodes are Sundays and Wednesdays at 9pm Eastern, and Thursdays at 10pm Eastern (live eviction ep).

king01 2013-03-03 06:25 AM

I've got to say I'm actually really enjoying this, especially given that it's something I've wanted to see for a number of years...

However I'm extremely disappointed that they've gone to such great lengths to give the show it's own unique visual identity yet, "the game" itself is virtually unchanged... I've been fairly active in watching the live feed as well as the broadcast show and it is nothing more than business as usual in that department...

That's not to say that the US format isn't solid and it certainly has an extremely loyal following but in my opinion it's grown extremely stagnant... I'm sure even the most loyal fans would have allowed the producers a small amount of creative license, as long as it was simple and made sense... A change in the PoV springs to mind...

Boavista 2013-03-03 07:29 PM

Watched first two episodes online but I cut the cord to cable, and since its not available on global via ota I won't be watching. Sorry shaw. Poor choice to put it on a C rated channel like slice.