Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Cogeco (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/)
-   -   Cogeco Whole Home PVR (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/154050-cogeco-whole-home-pvr.html)

james99 2012-08-31 03:26 PM

This is a good concept. Having more tuners is great but the price seems expensive. Not sure how much the install is.

Love to hear any feedback.

Dundas 2012-08-31 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaters (Post 1442337)
I was told that the terminals are Pace Denali 150N receivers hooked to a NAS Network Hard Drive, with a whole new look to the Guide.

The RNG150N and the RNG200N share the same User and Quick Start guides:
https://www.pace.com/universal/support/pace-rng150n/
The difference seems to be that the RNG150 has no local DVR capability.

I wonder if the 200N will work also. I would assume it would need different firmware.

So each set-top box has 2 tuners and records to a network hard drive which is connected to each box by Cat 5? Wonder how large the NAS is?

Slimer 2012-08-31 06:18 PM

I have placed my order. I am in located in Belleville. Sept 12 is the install date. I will post my impressions of how the install went, as well as my first impressions of the service.

On an interesting note, I called yesterday to find out the pricing info, and was told by the CSR that the price was $43 for the 3 TV setup, plus $10 per receiver plus $12.99 for the NAS device. I told her $86 was crazy and had to be wrong. She stuck to her unknowing guns, so I hang up.

Today I was given the correct pricing. I admit it's not cheap, but would be nice to be able to watch recorded material on any of my 3 TVs......we'll see.

proudcanadian 2012-08-31 07:00 PM

i was told the same thing was told 10 for each box then 33.00 it would cost me 30 $ more then I called today and she told me it would only be 33.00 a month boxes included

Andicus 2012-08-31 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimer (Post 1442425)
I have placed my order. I am in located in Belleville. Sept 12 is the install date. I will post my impressions of how the install went, as well as my first impressions of the service.

On an interesting note, I called yesterday to find out the pricing info, and was told by the CSR that the price was $43 for the 3 TV setup, plus $10 per receiver plus $12.99 for the NAS device. I told her $86 was crazy and had to be wrong. She stuck to her unknowing guns, so I hang up.

Today I was given the correct pricing. I admit it's not cheap, but would be nice to be able to watch recorded material on any of my 3 TVs......we'll see.

Sounds like she saw the breakdown for the total cost, and tried to charge that in addition to the total cost. Clever...

Zekes 2012-09-01 10:19 AM

I'm with bell, never used Cogeco but this has peaked my interest. Does anyone know if these units feature UHF remotes?

Slimer 2012-09-01 10:59 AM

I would imagine that they aren't UHF remotes. Never have been before with any Cogeco equipment. It's a pretty safe bet they are standard IR remotes.

proudcanadian 2012-09-01 12:28 PM

well i know there issuing brand new remotes never used before
http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resid...lecommande.jpg

Keaters 2012-09-09 05:23 PM

So my install is between 5-8 today in Chatham and I just get a call from Cogeco to say that they do not have any equipment in stock for the WHDVR setup. I called 2 weeks ago for this install. I am on the phone with customer service to escalate this.......I do expect the install to be waived.....Of course, it took until 1 hour before the appointment window to tell me that the equipment is not in stock......bull doo-doo

Keaters 2012-09-09 05:37 PM

Now I am waiting on a Supervisor call back before 5PM....cannot wait to see how this goes.....I am still waiting on a call from the tech himself. More details to come.

Keaters 2012-09-09 05:49 PM

Well I got my Supervisor Call back and all I was told is that we have to reschedule. I told the Supervisor that Dispatch said that Chatham gets it receiver shipments on Thursdays, so I said, why was I not called on Friday to reschedule. The supervisor agreed that if they knew a head of time, then they should have let me know on Thursday or Friday. I said, to call Mike the AREA MANAGER to get him to get the equipment from Windsor or Sarnia so I can have it installed. I even gave them until 8:45PM today get the install done. The Supervisor agreed with me and said that she is going to get Dispatch to call the Area Manager to see how they are going to make this right TODAY and ONLY Today. I am waiting for a call by 6PM and I said to the Supervisor that Cogeco better make this right. I have worked as a Supervisor with American Cable Companies, and I know, that they would make it right in the same day. Let's see if Cogeco can match the commitment of Comcast or Brighthouse cable. More details to come.

jamcan 2012-09-09 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaters (Post 1444971)
So my install is between 5-8 today in Chatham and I just get a call from Cogeco to say that they do not have any equipment in stock for the WHDVR setup. I called 2 weeks ago for this install. I am on the phone with customer service to escalate this.......I do expect the install to be waived.....Of course, it took until 1 hour before the appointment window to tell me that the equipment is not in stock......bull doo-doo

Does this really surprise you? We will see if they have stock here in Burlington/Hamilton area when it comes time for my install next weekend. If it's anything like the Pace receiver launch then I'll be waiting as well.

Keaters 2012-09-09 07:47 PM

Well I had to call Cogeco Customer Service to find out if Bonnie, my Supervisor, was available since I did not get my call by 6PM. The front line agent called the escalation line and spoke to Bonnie to find out that all that could be done is to reschedule the appointment. One better, she told the agent that she did not plan in calling me back at all as a follow up. Now I am waiting on Dispatch to call me. As for the Tech, he called me (he was the one who did my initial cable tv install on August 2) and he told me that no one in Chatham has the equipment, but Windsor and Sarnia do. As well, he told me that the 2 techs who do the installs in Chatham had a 4 slide powerpoint to read and were never trained on how to do the install. Believe me, I am going to lose my cool very shortly. Of course, if it cannot be done today, with my and my wife's schedules, the next time I can do the install is 2 Sunday's from now. I am not impressed. I told the agent I was speaking to that I will be home all night, so the Area Manager, Mike, can come out and do the install. Since he lives in Windsor, he can drive to Chatham to do the install, or give me the equipment since I know how to hook it up. It is the same setup that Comcast cable runs in the US, and I worked for Comcast with WHDVR setups from a tech support level for 4 years. Stupid idiots at Cogeco from an Area Level.

Keaters 2012-09-09 09:16 PM

Well, what can I say, it is 8:16PM, 16 minutes after my appointment window, and all I could get done was reschedule my install for next Sunday between 5-7PM. The agent I just got off the phone with gave me one month of free service and waived the install because of the lack of follow up by everyone above her and in my local area. I said to her that I am happy she is offering this, but I was going to ask for financially was the install waived. She said that I have valid reasons for having the type of credit I am getting, and said I am cool with that. I still have not had the Supervisor call me back as promised and Dispatch has yet to call me. I will state this again, I want the Area Manager to come out and do the install. And when Dispatch calls, I am going to request that so I can give him a piece of my mind in person. I am beyond angry at this point. I told my wife today, if I did not like sports so much, I would cancel all TV services and just watch Netflix and network programming online, but that is not an option. Bell was an A** and Cogeco is following in their steps, and I have only had service for 1 month and 7 days. :mad:

jamcan 2012-09-09 09:42 PM

Be thankful......LOL My appt. window is next Sat. 8am-5pm. Let me tell you, if they can't do it because they don't have the equipement, all my Cogeco services will be cancelled.