Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Rogers High Speed Internet and Home Phone (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/195-rogers-high-speed-internet-home-phone/)
-   -   Rogers Residential Internet Pricing, Packages Discussion (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/195-rogers-high-speed-internet-home-phone/150326-rogers-residential-internet-pricing-packages-discussion.html)

PFD 2013-07-27 08:05 AM

^^^^

Because Rogers is wisely separating their cost increases. TV increases happen normally around March-april; Internet in August. This way people don't realize how much their annual rates are going up in total.

Davage 2013-07-29 02:34 PM

This is going to be the 2nd increase this year.

January 2013 - My invoice shows $48.99/month
February 2013 - It jumped to $51.99

Now in August it is jumping to $54.99?

$48.99 to $54.99 is over a 12 percent increase in 8 months. I wish that my paycheck would go up by 12% in 8 months.

rfielder 2013-09-13 08:41 AM

Just looking at my latest Rogers bill, and there appears to have been changes.

Given the discussions here (this thread and others) about emailed notification of changes, I have been watching for both written and emailed messages. Nothing.

I have Ultimate internet - not the New Ultimate. The August bill charged me $102.99 for this. The September bill is showing $105.99. This is the second increase in less than a year - my January 2013 bill charged $99.99 for this same service.

The September bill is showing a charge for data of $76.50. I thought there was a cap on data charges - has this been removed? Or increased??

Without an form of notification, it is hard to anticipate these changes - and it leaves you without any idea of what has changed.

Very frustrating!

yyzlhr 2013-09-13 01:29 PM

There was a $3 price hike on internet and home phone. Check your previous statements to see if you got any notifications.

Also, the overage cap changed from $50 to $100 many months ago.

57 2013-09-13 03:14 PM

Here's the information from the Rogers Pricing thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...02#post1725202

The information is almost always in your statement under the section affected - Cable under Cable, internet under internet, etc. You may have missed it since it was a month or two past.

rfielder 2013-09-16 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57 (Post 1793289)
The information is almost always in your statement under the section affected - Cable under Cable, internet under internet, etc. You may have missed it since it was a month or two past.

I don't get a paper statement. The electronic ones do not seem to have this information.

As of September 2013, my Internet went from $102.99 to $105.99. I just checked my bill online, and there is NOTHING stated about a rate change.

Since I do not get a paper bill, how are they supposed to communicate these changes?

Also - announcing a change on the month it changes does not seem right. Is there no such thing as advance notice any more?

gdkitty 2013-09-16 01:42 PM

It was announced maybe 1.5-2 month before hand on the first appearances of the change.
(believe on the website on the pricing page.. before the mailing went out).

As for the paper billing not seeing it.. Those messages correct do not show up if you view the bill only on the web version/breakdown. When you do view the PDF version of the bill, its the EXACT copy of what it would be paper wise.
I check this, as I need to print it off anyways, to submit my phone portion to work for re-imbursement.

yyzlhr 2013-12-04 08:40 PM

For those who have the CGN3 Hitron gateway, the 150/10 Ultimate Package, and live in the GTA, you should call in to see if you may qualify for a free speed increase. Those who have the required equipment and live in qualifying areas can get 250/20 and 1TB of usage at no additional charge. Those who live in a qualifying area and have the qualifying tier and equipment will not be automatically upgraded at this time, you must call in and ask for it.

thenewdc 2013-12-11 04:03 PM

New Speed Tier Available

If you go to the Rogers website they are now listing 2 new speed tiers. The ultimate fiber has been bumped, although limited availability, it's now 350/350 and the 150/10 tier is now listed as 250/20 for the same price using D3 Hitron modems.

rfielder 2013-12-16 10:17 AM

I am on Unlimited Ultimate, with a Hitron CGN3 modem.

Should I be seeing a speed increase? Speedtest.net shows over 180MB/sec, sometimes close to 200MB/sec, but no 250 and no 20 upload. This has not changed since I upgraded to this level a month or two ago.

gdkitty 2013-12-16 11:36 AM

The change may not be automatic.. MIGHT have to call in, as yyzlhr said above.

As well, its only in select areas I believe still currently, may not be rolled out to every location yet.

Wayne 2014-01-07 05:00 PM

Rogers Ultimate is now 250/20 1TB, at least in parts of GTA

I just called to cancel Rogers' Ultimate service as I was frustrated by their overage fees as I often go over 250GB due to lots of streaming of Netflix and Amazon Live. They retained me by giving me a deal on their Ultimate service which is now available at 250/20 with 1TB of service, at least in my part of Scarberia. The regular price is $125.99 plus modem rental of $12/month. Teksavvy, which is where I was going to go, only goes up to

That's probably even enough bandwidth to do lots of Netflix 4K HEVC/H.265 streaming at 15Mbps.

Wayne 2014-01-07 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yyzlhr (Post 1924634)
For those who have the CGN3 Hitron gateway, the 150/10 Ultimate Package, and live in the GTA, you should call in to see if you may qualify for a free speed increase. Those who have the required equipment and live in qualifying areas can get 250/20 and 1TB of usage at no additional charge. Those who live in a qualifying area and have the qualifying tier and equipment will not be automatically upgraded at this time, you must call in and ask for it.

Shouldn't they give everyone on Ultimate the new 1TB limit, even if you don't have the qualifying equipment and/or your area hasn't been upgraded yet.

57 2014-01-07 05:41 PM

Rogers has usually "married" the cap with the service. For example, people with Express 10/1 (DOCSIS2) have 60 GB, while those on Express 25/2 (DOCSIS3) have 80 GB. It's a package. I understand your logic, but Rogers doesn't do it that way.

kibosh 2014-01-09 09:41 AM

Anyone have any info on when and where they will be rolling out the new Ultimate tier? I live in Whitby and according to the website, it is still unavailable to me.