Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Rogers High Speed Internet and Home Phone (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/195-rogers-high-speed-internet-home-phone/)
-   -   Rogers Residential Internet Pricing, Packages Discussion (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/195-rogers-high-speed-internet-home-phone/150326-rogers-residential-internet-pricing-packages-discussion.html)

PFD 2019-05-10 10:07 AM

Hey guys, bit of help before I negotiate the world of Rogers.
So last year I upgrade my Internet plan from an old grandfathered 80 Gig a month plan that I was over paying for, and the decent tech I chatted with sold me on year long promo that was called Rogers Ignite 60 Unlimited.
It's $85.99 but I get a $31discount. However they charge me $8 for Enhanced Home Rental modem rental for a total of $62.99

Now, as I'm almost to the end of my promotion term, I go online to see what promos I can get. I see that the Ignite 60 Unlimited is no longer available.
They have several unlimited plans, the lowest of which is almost cheaper than what I'm currently paying Ignite 75u $69.99 and includes modem rental.
I don't really know what those numbers mean (I think it's download speeds); but what I'm asking is is the Ignite 75 comparaable to the Ignite 60 Unlimited plan? Is the full Ignite 60 plan ($85.99) over priced?

57 2019-05-10 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFD (Post 3080055)
I don't really know what those numbers mean (I think it's download speeds); but what I'm asking is is the Ignite 75 comparaable to the Ignite 60 Unlimited plan? Is the full Ignite 60 plan ($85.99) over priced?

Ignite 75 is 75 mbps download and 10 mbps upload, unlimited, so it's a bit better than your 60.

I've recently switched to the Ignite 75 plan and get 95-100 mbps down and 10 up consistently. I was previously on a very old 30/5 with 125 GB cap plan. Internet prices have been dropping if you stay at roughly the same download speeds.

DonR 2019-05-10 03:24 PM

Same as 57, I am now on Ignite 75, but I get 95-100 mbps on a regular basis. I downgraded from Ignite 150 (to save money on a bundle with TV), and honestly 75 mbps is good enough, provided you don't have too many users at the same time. As for the price, with Rogers you never know.:rolleyes: Different people get very different prices all the time. You will typically get a better Internet price when it's bundled up with cable TV. For Internet only, I'd check other providers and compare their prices. That may give you a somewhat better negotiation position.